Respected Contributor

Gold $ all time high

[ Edited ]

Gold prices exceeded $2,135 per ounce mid-day on Monday, Dec. 4

****  edited to remove link

I'm glad I have most of my jewlery essentials. 

I bought a Tori Burch costume bracelet cost $130.00!!

It looks like a $20 item. It was to be a gift to sister but it is cheap, cheap. The online look vs the in person look was way different.

Grandgirls wanted the tiny gold bead stretch bractlets. $50 each and they look like doll jewlery. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Gold $ all time high

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

It looks like a $20 item. It was to be a gift to sister but it is cheap, cheap. The online look vs the in person look was way different.

Grandgirls wanted the tiny gold bead stretch bractlets. $50 each and they look like doll jewlery. 

@granddi    Wow!   So glad I held onto the pieces I purchased many years ago.  I could not afford to pay today's gold prices.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gold $ all time high

[ Edited ]

@Mombo1 wrote:

@granddi wrote:

@granddi    Wow!   So glad I held onto the pieces I purchased many years ago.  I could not afford to pay today's gold prices.  

I'm glad I held on to my gold pieces too!  I remember in the 80s & 90s you could buy weighty gold bangles and chains for nearly nothing compared to today's prices. I purchased a gold bracelet last year for my birthday and while it's pretty & looks like it would have some heft to it, it's so lightweight compared to my other pieces.

Honored Contributor

I still have all my gorgeous gold pieces from many moons ago, still beautiful today. 

Honored Contributor

I still have my 18K.  So glad I never sold them off.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I still have my 18K.  So glad I never sold them off.

I'll bet 18k really is beautiful!  Most of my pieces are 14k 

Honored Contributor

I bought gold coins years ago when most of my friends were buying gold jewelry. Then when my mom passed away she left me some more gold coins. They must be worth a lot by now. I haven't checked their value in a long time.

🪙

Honored Contributor

Those wide byzantine bracelts that were over 2,000 I believe sold out.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought gold coins years ago when most of my friends were buying gold jewelry. Then when my mom passed away she left me some more gold coins. They must be worth a lot by now. I haven't checked their value in a long time.

🪙

@SilleeMee 

Depends on where you take your jewelry to melt but should be about $30 a gram for 14k and $40 a gram for 18k to melt.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

🪙

@SilleeMee 

Depends on where you take your jewelry to melt but should be about $30 a gram for 14k and $40 a gram for 18k to melt.

@rockygems123 

I have coins, not jewelry. Coins are almost pure gold...24K and I would not melt them.