Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,059
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Gold $ all time high

[ Edited ]
 

Gold prices exceeded $2,135 per ounce mid-day on Monday, Dec. 4

 

****  edited to remove link

 

 

I'm glad I have most of my jewlery essentials. 

 

I bought a Tori Burch costume bracelet cost $130.00!!

It looks like a $20 item. It was to be a gift to sister but it is cheap, cheap. The online look vs the in person look was way different.

 

Grandgirls wanted the tiny gold bead stretch bractlets. $50 each and they look like doll jewlery. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,814
Registered: ‎11-02-2015

Re: Gold $ all time high

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:
 

Gold prices exceeded $2,135 per ounce mid-day on Monday, Dec. 4

 

 

I'm glad I have most of my jewlery essentials. 

 

I bought a Tori Burch costume bracelet cost $130.00!!

It looks like a $20 item. It was to be a gift to sister but it is cheap, cheap. The online look vs the in person look was way different.

 

Grandgirls wanted the tiny gold bead stretch bractlets. $50 each and they look like doll jewlery. 


@granddi    Wow!   So glad I held onto the pieces I purchased many years ago.  I could not afford to pay today's gold prices.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,823
Registered: ‎12-01-2023

Re: Gold $ all time high

[ Edited ]

@Mombo1 wrote:

@granddi wrote:
 

Gold prices exceeded $2,135 per ounce mid-day on Monday, Dec. 4

 

 

I'm glad I have most of my jewlery essentials. 

 

I bought a Tori Burch costume bracelet cost $130.00!!

It looks like a $20 item. It was to be a gift to sister but it is cheap, cheap. The online look vs the in person look was way different.

 

Grandgirls wanted the tiny gold bead stretch bractlets. $50 each and they look like doll jewlery. 


@granddi    Wow!   So glad I held onto the pieces I purchased many years ago.  I could not afford to pay today's gold prices.  


I'm glad I held on to my gold pieces too!  I remember in the 80s & 90s you could buy weighty gold bangles and chains for nearly nothing compared to today's prices. I purchased a gold bracelet last year for my birthday and while it's pretty & looks like it would have some heft to it, it's so lightweight compared to my other pieces.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,389
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I still have all my gorgeous gold pieces from many moons ago, still beautiful today. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,718
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

I still have my 18K.  So glad I never sold them off.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,823
Registered: ‎12-01-2023

@songbird wrote:

I still have my 18K.  So glad I never sold them off.


I'll bet 18k really is beautiful!  Most of my pieces are 14k 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,245
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

I bought gold coins years ago when most of my friends were buying gold jewelry. Then when my mom passed away she left me some more gold coins. They must be worth a lot by now. I haven't checked their value in a long time.

 

🪙

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,466
Registered: ‎08-19-2010

Those wide byzantine bracelts that were over 2,000 I believe sold out.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,675
Registered: ‎06-04-2012

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought gold coins years ago when most of my friends were buying gold jewelry. Then when my mom passed away she left me some more gold coins. They must be worth a lot by now. I haven't checked their value in a long time.

 

🪙


@SilleeMee 

 

Depends on where you take your jewelry to melt but should be about $30 a gram for 14k and $40 a gram for 18k to melt.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,245
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

@rockygems123 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought gold coins years ago when most of my friends were buying gold jewelry. Then when my mom passed away she left me some more gold coins. They must be worth a lot by now. I haven't checked their value in a long time.

 

🪙


@SilleeMee 

 

Depends on where you take your jewelry to melt but should be about $30 a gram for 14k and $40 a gram for 18k to melt.


 

 

 

 

@rockygems123 

I have coins, not jewelry. Coins are almost pure gold...24K and I would not melt them.