Trusted Contributor
Hopefully you knowledgeable people can give me some advice. I know a lot of people have sold off their gold jewelry in recent years...I still haven't, mostly because I am lazy & didn't need the money. I gave a bunch of it away to my aunt, who has a very limited income; whether she sold it or kept it, I don't know & don't really care. But I do still have a few pieces that I have been hanging onto for no good reason. Should I sell? I have no idea what the price of gold is doing these days. If I do sell, where's the best place to get a good deal or are they all about the same? My thoughts are to just take the pieces to a local jewelry store...Unless that isn't the best way to go about it. TIA
Contributor
Honored Contributor

The price of gold has come down so much that I wouldn't sell unless I really had to.  

And just because the price of gold is down doesn't mean Q's prices are down...... 

Honored Contributor
But wouldn't it be REALLY good merchandising for QVC to offer ONE nice piece of Diamonique in gold like what we used to get in THE GOOD OLD DAYS?
Not tiny earrings or stuff that doesn't have much of a gold presence anyway. I'm talking a bracelet, or a wedding set that can pass for REAL or something like that. Anyone with me on this?
Honored Contributor

I sold some off when it hit 1600 /oz.  No way I'd sell right now.

I love that place thru the q that buys. Easy, convenient don't have to leave the house just put in the envelope in the mail.  I'll send link when I get off this tablet.

Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Gold Prices

[ Edited ]
I would wait for gold prices to stabilize. Someone just sold $2.7 billion and caused a flash crash in the middle of the night. Now is the time to buy not sell.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-19/gold-precious-metals-flash-crash-following-27-billion-notio...