Trusted Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

I waitlisted the ODO solid gold bangle.  It had been on my wishlist for awhile.  The average size is $1399 for 32.7 gms of 14K gold.

That was a great buy - I was so temped as that piece was also on my wishlist since it first came on. Unfortunately, I just can't swing that amount of $$$ at this time. I hope it is everything you wished for and wear it in good health!

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I would like to buy an everyday plain white gold necklace that does not have a pendant. Which would be more versatile and classic a rope chain or a wheat chain? 

try sarraf online

Esteemed Contributor

I thought with 25 hours of programming that there would be more variety and more new or sale prices. I wasn't expecting the shows from prior years but I thought this even was only so-so. They did have easy pay on most things so that was good. I couldn't believe that they were charging s&H on the expensive pieces. REALLY???? What disturbed me most was trying to find out where the piece was made. Italy, Peru, a combo of countries----China....the gram weight was hit and miss on the info as well.

I didn't see the purpose in having any of the new "jewelry guests" on set. They added little of nothing to the presentation. IMO I felt their "qualitfications" a little "thin".  If the hosts weren't so experienced you would not have even seen the view of the ring from the side. I always like to see the under gallery and the width of the band. The only time I see a full view of any piece of jewelry is when Antonella is presenting. She presents jewelry like I shop for jewelry.

I wish they would have put in the description if the piece was Blu Oro or woven from Turkey or Peru.  This is just baic information.

Honored Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

I waitlisted the ODO solid gold bangle.  It had been on my wishlist for awhile.  The average size is $1399 for 32.7 gms of 14K gold.

I have that bangle in large.  I slip it on everytime I walk out the door.  Very hardy, sturdy, substantial peice.  

I was sooo tempted to buy another at that price (I paid $565 more last year during the January hoopla gold show---can't think of what they call it). 

But I didn't because it truly is a stand alone piece.  In fact, I bought a plain 14k wedding band that's almost the same scale/style of the bangle. 

And I don't feel comfortable wearing my gold watch or other gold bracelets with this because it's so heavy--it may do some damage.  Plus, it doesn't need it.

It is s-o-l-i-d.

Love it!

Honored Contributor

you don't need to wear anything else with it. LOL

Trusted Contributor

I didn't watch, but I perused what was posted online.  The gemstone jewelry was the usual citrine, topaz and amethyst (Yawn!) so that was ruled out for me.  There were some unusual lengths in Eterna Gold box chains which I wouldn't mind having but the reviews were poor.  Then there was the twisted knot gold necklace--Hubba Hubba!  It was a bit pricey, but I'm giving it serious thought.

It seemed to me that there was a lot of old stuff on there; the Byzantine is nice, but I already have 2 pairs of earrings, 2 necklaces and 3 bracelets in that style--I think that is probably enough.  I'm thinking maybe something will grow on me over time, but I didn't see anything that made me what to quick draw the plastic and buy it right this minute!

Respected Contributor

I was happy with the offerings.  I ordered an Imperial Gold item (bracelet?) on the last Gold Day and the former level of workmanship wasn't there. The clasp kept opening and the bracelet kept falling off the only day I wore it. I returned it and it was all I bought that day. 

I bought the jade earrings (the danglers), the One Day only 3/4" hoop for a gift, the turquoise ring in emerald-cut (I think that looks beautiful on line, but I didn't see it on air.  And I think I bought one "As Is" item that I had never noticed before at a very good price.  I considered it and think I ordered it!  Smiley Happy

Waiting for the mail rather happily.  My jewelry was all stolen by a burglar  about a year ago, so I am replacing items gradually. I am under subpoena to appear at his trial, too--burglary is the gift that keeps on giving I guess.

I enjoyed the focus on jewelry and wish there were more special days.  I think the turquoise ring was from Gem Day but I was travelling that week.  Glad I caught it on the rebound.  I love opaque gemstones, esp. jade, turquoise and pearl. 

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon,

Your clever comment summarizes it all 🌻

Trusted Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

@vickie25 wrote:

That was a great buy - I was so temped as that piece was also on my wishlist since it first came on. Unfortunately, I just can't swing that amount of $$$ at this time. I hope it is everything you wished for and wear it in good health!

Thank you.  I just hope I get it since I had to waitlist it.

Super Contributor

@Burnsite really sorry to hear about what happened to you-I imagine if I were in your shoes I would feel not only very violated but angry as all get out. Hope you are able to replace a lot of your things.

I also enjoy opaque gemstones (but frankly there aren't many gemstones I don't enjoy lol). I've recently developed a real fondness for moonstone. Smiley Happy

Never mistake kindness for weakness