Respected Contributor

Has anyone used US Gold Buyers lately? I used them about 6 or 7 years ago and was happy. Just want to confirm they are still reliable. Thx!

Super Contributor

I called them a month ago, they are in Florida now no longer NYC.  I tried talking to a gentleman that answered the phone but it was a difficult conversation.  I thought with the stock market possibly going down, this would be a good time to sell.  I was so put off and upset by the extremely rude conversation, I would never send anything to that company.  I hope you have better luck.

Respected Contributor

@waterlily wrote:

I called them a month ago, they are in Florida now no longer NYC.  I tried talking to a gentleman that answered the phone but it was a difficult conversation.  I thought with the stock market possibly going down, this would be a good time to sell.  I was so put off and upset by the extremely rude conversation, I would never send anything to that company.  I hope you have better luck.

Hmmm. I didn't call but filled out the online form and received the prepaid fedex label. That's what I did last time. I may wait and see if I get any more input. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Gold Buyers

[ Edited ]

I saw they had moved.  Too bad the person at their end was not good in the customer sevice business.  That can make or break a company.

Since the stockmarket is at a all time high, I guess I missed it being low????

Super Contributor

If you read what I said, "possibly going down", it's inevitable. 

Respected Contributor

@waterlily wrote:

If you read what I said, "possibly going down", it's inevitable. 

Well even if the market goes down I don't see gold going as high as it was at it's height a few years ago. 

Nevertheless I need to sell some gold for my Mom and was just looking for some current input. 

Super Contributor

I'll be interested to hear where others have successfully sold their gold too.

Respected Contributor

Well, I did the chat with USGB and talked to a nice guy named Alex.  This is our conversation.

Me-  Hello, I am looking at today's pay out, it is for 3-5oz of gold  Can you please give me the pay outs for the different karats of gold if you only have 1 ounce you're sending in?

Alex-  1 Ounce is paid based on sliding scale and is determined by our computer.  It is approximately 75% of the market price.

Me-  So for instance if it's all 14k would the payout be?

Alex-  Current spot price multiply by 58.3% and then multiply by 75%  That would be the approximately value of your 14K gold

Me-  How much weight do you have to send in as not to pay shipping charges?

Alex-  at least half an ounce.

Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch

Thank you. I went ahead and sent mine in today, about one and one half oz, all definitely 14K. I'll report back so there will be current feedback.

Respected Contributor

Update. Quote from USGB was $1265 for 1.8 ounces-I actually had more than I thought. They itemized the 3 pieces I wasn't sure of and I agreed I didn't know for sure that that were 14K. So approx $22/23 per gram. Good outcome as these were pretty old pieces.