Honored Contributor

He's so good with the jewelry presentations.  Enjoy him MORE than any of the female hosts.  I will add ... ENOUGH WITH THE PAPERCLIP ALREADY.

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

He's so good with the jewelry presentations.  Enjoy him MORE than any of the female hosts.  I will add ... ENOUGH WITH THE PAPERCLIP ALREADY.

OBNOXIOUS AS ALWAYS.

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I like Rick and think that he is at his best hosting jewelry shows.

Esteemed Contributor

Funny how we all see things differently.  I find him overly dramatic and phoney.  

Respected Contributor

I agree about the paperclips.  I get enough of them at work! Ha.  Yes, Rick is a very good host with jewelry and also with Valarie Parr Hill and excercise equipment.  I like his personality and presentation.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

He was pretty wound-up tonight, so I didn't watch.  But I did stay a bit at the beginning, as Alberti, just prior to Rick's show, described Rick as "debonair."  I wanted to see that.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I agree about the paperclips.  I get enough of them at work! Ha.  Yes, Rick is a very good host with jewelry and also with Valarie Parr Hill and excercise equipment.  I like his personality and presentation.

LOL  Good one Smiley Happy  Luv him and Val.

Honored Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

OBNOXIOUS AS ALWAYS.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Valued Contributor

I don't care for Rick hosting jewelry shows. Men cannot try on what they're showing and a model is not always available. 

Honored Contributor

On Gem Shopping it's almost overwhelmingly male hosts. The fine jewelry business is predominantly male.  All of the hosts are trained gemologist/diamond experts and buyers. So they depend on a hand model to show jewelry.  But sometimes they weren't there (during the pandemic, etc) The host would use his little finger for rings.  for bracelets, they would use "tight" shots of the wrist, so just the skin showing with the bracelet against it. Necklaces are always on a dummy.  Just recently they've started to have some female hosts.  Downstairs there are gem cutters, and they produce some of the gems you see.  That is another business that is overwhelmingly male.