Honored Contributor

Don't know if this has been mentioned. How do you all feel about the very large earrings that so many female hosts are wearing these days? Caroline had on a pair yesterday and I did not think they were attractive on her. But I'm just sayin'.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it's good "everyday" look.  It has to be a very specific casual look to carry them off, and even then I think they are better suited to dressy (or party) occasions.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

I used to wear BIG earrings back in the ‘80s, along with big hair (the more mousse, the better) and big shoulder pads. Nowadays, not so much. It’s just a fad, and probably won’t last for long.

Honored Contributor

I like them, but then I like gaudy, big blingy stuff.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Shopping for clothes and jewelry and shoes would be beyond boring if all that were available would be what I might wear!

Translated -  I wouldn't wear huge, long earrings but I love seeing them.  Same with winter clothes and shoes with heels higher than a half inch.  Not for me, but keep on offering them for me to see what others like.

Respected Contributor

I like them!  However it all depends on what you're wearng and your own style.  

Honored Contributor

I have always loved and worn large earrings.  Now I don't go many places but would even wear them to the grocery store.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think they work to distract attention away from your face if you're having a bad skin or makeup just isn't right kind day or feel fat in what you're wearing kind of day or bad hair day because that's all people are apt to have noticed and remember is those gigunto earrings you were wearing.

Respected Contributor

I just find it interesting that there's one particular host who previously wouldn't even wear an earring at all...nothing. And now she wears some of the biggest honkers of all. A drastic change in style to say the least!  

Honored Contributor

At 70, I don’t wear large, chandelier style earrings. Aesthetically, I think they draw too much attention to areas that I prefer not to...neck, jawline, etc. 

Since my hair is so short, I do like a larger button style earring.  My diamond studs are my every day earrings that stay on the tray on my dresser w/ watch & wedding rings.