Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I think they work to distract attention away from your face if you're having a bad skin or makeup just isn't right kind day or feel fat in what you're wearing kind of day or bad hair day because that's all people are apt to have noticed and remember is those gigunto earrings you were wearing.

@shaggygirl  IMHO, the opposite is true. It’s like wearing white pants...better have a smaller size tush to pull them off because attention goes right there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gigunto earrings

[ Edited ]

My earrings preference is -- the bigger the better.  My small earrings are 2".  Smiley Happy 

My most frequent, everyday sizes are 2-1/2" and 3".  I even have some vacation earrings that are 4" long.  I'm super careful about the weight of the earring, so my piercings look good as new, always have. 

I don't ever wear studs, button earrings, or any style or size under 2".  

Trusted Contributor

As the variety of comments clearly demonstrates, it is a matter of taste and personal style.  Gigantic earrings aren't for me, but they look, well, interesting on other people.

Wear what you like and like what you wear.  Personally, I feel great when I wear something I love.  I'm sure others do, too.

Honored Contributor

I wore large earrings back in the '80s. They ruined my piercings by making the holes too big and unattractive. I was embarrassed to wear any earrings because of that. So I finally went and had my lobes 'rejuvenated' to make the holes smaller. Derm did it with a laser. I'm so happy how they turned out and I'm never going to ruin my lobes again by wearing large earrings.

Honored Contributor

I do not like large earrings on me.

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped yeah I'm sure it is the same one who dressed casually and had "bad feet" but now wears all kinds of high heels. Pretty funny IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 well since I run the gamut of earring styles, from stud to buttons to hoops to bigger earrings, I have to say it depends on what I'm wearing, where I'm going and my mood, too.

Honored Contributor

I think the younger hosts can pull the gigunto earring off, but it's a little harder for a more mature women IMO. I wouldn't wear them, for me less is more, like diamond studs and small gold hoops or artisan type earrings that are smaller scale.

Honored Contributor

For some odd reason QVC is committed to them.  Caroline looke ridiculous in them.  I think it can be a fun look for young fashionistas who create an entire look.  Emphasis on ....young.

Respected Contributor

Not a fan.

On younger women, maybe with the right clothes.

On older women, not unless they have always worn large bold earrings, I think they look like they are trying to hard to keep up with the latest fad with the newer beaded chandelier or beaded multi strand tassel type.

I personally have not seen a woman, young or old, wearing any of these though. I see studs, hoops, drops - but nothing related to this new look of wishing we were back a few decades .... 

(And, totally agree about the host who did even have her ears pierced and now wears outrageous earrings 😂! What a turn around!!!)

-Texas Hill Country-