Trusted Contributor

What a shame--more expensive costume jewelry!  I don't buy clad, plate or anything like that, so it doesn't matter how pretty the pieces are.  I just won't buy them.

I'm not knocking clad for those who like it.  Have at it!  It isn't for me, that's all.

Trusted Contributor

@kachina624    "I agree that 14k clad is much more believable than 18k which is too yellow and looks cheap."

I have a Buccelati 18K gold and ruby cuff given to me by my father in the 1970s.  Thanks for the insult.

You haven't even seen this line yet-maybe it will look great.

Whether this line succeeds or fails, at least the Q is trying to bring new things. If it is not to your liking, perhaps there are other customers who might have different taste from you.  Your opinions absolutely should be expressed, but perhaps you should keep an open and nonjudgemental mindset going?  Bixby is different, Ripka is different (and her 14k clad is a unique color), and there is room for all of these rather ornate designers.

Honored Contributor

@kjae  I've seen the collection online so I know it's not for me.  You are correct in that there will be customer who are interested in it.  I hope they enjoy any purchases they make.

You are very fortunate if you have an 18k gold piece.  It is the standard in many countries but to those of us in the US it's appears to be too yellow and not real gold.

I remember the early years of HSN when all their clad jewelry was 18k.  I don't think it sold well because it looked fake.  Eventually they switched to 14k and sales picked up.  I don't think they ever had 18k again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Genesi looks like play jewelry out of a little girl's jewelry box. Awful! 

Valued Contributor

We all have differences tastes when it comes to jewelry. And beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.These jewelry designs in my humble opinion lacks artistic designs.

Respected Contributor

@Pitzel   I thought some of the pieces were beautiful also.  

Honored Contributor

This collection is different from the other jewelry stalwarts on QVC.   For that alone -- HURRAY!  I absolutely love the cuff J330193, except for their branded color of 18k gold.  I just don't like that color of gold. I would have purchased that cuff in a heartbeat, if not for that color of the gold. 

Honored Contributor

The only piece that looked like something I would wear before 8pm was the small topaz necklace and that wide band ring. Personally I did not really care for the designs and I think the line is over priced. I like gold clad myself, not really interested in over priced real gold either.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This new line of jewelry is set to premier tomorrow night.  QVC says jewelry sales are down and seems to be making attempts to revitalize their line but I don't think Genesi is going to do it.

It's 18k gold CLAD and the designs are so ordinary, I wouldn't give them a second glance.  Hard to understand why they would pick this, especially at the inflated prices listed.

I agree. Mis-step after mis-step... Another nothing special line of jewelry to add to the others and to those that really have run their course...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@kjae wrote:

I have a Buccelati 18K gold and ruby cuff given to me by my father in the 1970s.  

@kjae  How sweet for you father to have given you such a lovely gift! I hope you continue to treasure and wear the bracelet your father gave you with love and pride.

Do the math.