Super Contributor

Gemstone and silver bracelet

I am currently watching MBR on the Diamonique show. I looked at my peridot/sterling silver bracelet that I wear everyday and really noticed how dull it is. I have a silver jewelry cleaning cloth and the spray jewelry cleaner. Will using the spray hurt the peridot? Do you have tried and true way of cleaning gemstone jewelry? It is a channel set of peridot, so not easy to clean with the cloth.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gemstone and silver bracelet

[ Edited ]

I've always used these Connoisseur Diamond Dazzle Stiks. You just twist up the cleaning gel and the soft bristle-tip is easy to work into all the nooks and crannies. Then you just rinse your jewelry with water and dry. Steam or ultrasonic cleaning is not recommended for peridot.

Diamond Dazzle Stick-600x695.jpg

Honored Contributor

My favorite tool for polishing jewelry is something called a Sunshine Cloth.  I get them on eBay but they're available in jewelry stores.  It's the cloth Carolyn Pollack sells.  It's far and away better than anything else. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Shiloh09  I use  very old very soft toothbrush and believe it or not, toothpaste to clean much of my jewelry with stones. I would not use it on pearls nor opals however.

Cleans up really nicely, puts the spark back into my gems. Quick & easy too.

Esteemed Contributor

Use Windex in a shallow bowl and let my rings soak.  Since peridot isn't particularly soft, I see no reason why this wouldn't work.

Honored Contributor

I use Connoiseurs Jewelry Cleaner from Walmart in the red jar, found in the jewelry section naturallySmiley Happy

It comes with a little brush inside too and is safe for all gemstones and pearls! 

I just leave the piece in there for 15 minutes or so and voila! It sparkles like new!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to another retail site.

Respected Contributor

The very best I've found is here on Q and I use it on all my silver and gemstone jewelry except opals,pearls or marcasite. I get the big refill ibottle but you might want to start with the smaller one with the spritzer on top. Works GREAT!

Precious Liquid Jewelry Cleaner 8 oz Spray B ottle - J313234

Honored Contributor

Believe it or not--I still have a huge bottle of the stuff Joy Mangano sold with a sonic cleaner from, lord only knows which shopping channel she was on then. Got rid of the sonic cleaner but the liquid is really good. And it can be used on pearls, turq, opals, coral,  too, altho not to soak infor those things. I use the connissuer for silver but dilute it so not as strong and a soft toothbrush.

Trusted Contributor

I goofed and put up a link for Amazon but I recommend Carribean Gem Jewelry Cleaner. They used to sell it on Silver Style and it's great for sterling silver and gemstones. I buy mine on Amazon.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.