Trusted Contributor

Re: GemsEnVogue Pieces Online at HSN

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee   I'm not sure if I'm going to get poofed but he's also got his own website of gem selections..  Lots of pretty things on sale.  I'm tempted too - I've been looking at an emerald pendant there I really like and definitely more earrings to choose.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking at that pear shaped opal ring!

Highlighted
Contributor

I did not listen to the presentations.  So perhaps this question was addressed.  What is meant by "goldtone accents"?  If it is gold plated or vermeil, wouldn't that be stated?  All of the descriptions refer to it as goldtone, which sounds like fake gold plating. 

If that is the case, then I am a bit disappointed.  Did he do the same thing when he was with ShopHq?  My last Michael purchase was 2002, so I am out of the loop regarding his silver line.

Respected Contributor

@LMinAZ    ShopHQs Gems En Vogue  pieces are 18k "gold embraced"  TM.  There are quite a dew MV selections available on HQ. HSN calls the gold "GoldTone" .   IDK how they think they're getting away with it other than gold is so high now.  i watched the launch but i have 1 of his rings (opal from HQ) and the opals turned yellow. i truly hope buyers weren't duped because on their TV presentation HSN likes to show only the stellar examples of gemstone jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Didnt he always say his pieces were made from Palladium ?

Respected Contributor

palladium yes.  "gold" accents at HSN are "gold tone"

Respected Contributor

He is plating his palladium / silver alloy with yellow or rose gold. Some of my pieces with yellow plating has tarnished even though he said they wouldn’t and I store my jewelry inside of expensive Wolfs boxes. I am not happy about it but I like his jewelry and I keep buying it.

In fact I just ordered  his emerald pieces ( Grizzly). I have never owned any emeralds so these were on my budget to try.

Frequent Contributor

I'm glad Michael is back. I was so bummed when ShopHQ ditched most of their jewelry lines. I find many of his designs too "busy" but i've purchased several that I liked over the years. I was really tempted to buy the emerald TS, but can't really afford anything right now.

Honored Contributor

I'm intrigued with his blue spinel pieces. The color of those spinels jumped off my TV screen when they showed it.