Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

Didn't watch much. I have all the gems I want which isn't that much. If I buy jewelry now it's sterling silver. JAI John Hardy is my favorite. Have my eye on a bracelet. 

My favorite too, but I think Scott needs to up his game.  It's starting to look more QVC than John Hardy.

Honored Contributor

I'd find Gem Day easier to watch or record if it were divided into shows of specific gems or gems in hold, gems in silver, etc. Three hours of asst. gems throughout 24 hrs. is impossible to watch. I only noticed Turquoise and Affinity singled out as separate shows. Carolyn Pollack's pieces were hidden within a general gem show even though it did contain turquoise pieces. Diamonique spread throughout which, to me, is not a "gem". 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gem day review

[ Edited ]

I was hoping someone would review the Arizona Peridot ring, J366410. It was very well priced on gem day but i didn’t see it presented and now price is higher. I placed it on my wish list and hope the price goes down. I love the color, size of the stone and it’s simplicity. 

Honored Contributor

I doubt they sold very much of anything.  Oh the silver pieces with the semi-precious might have sold a few.  But not much.  The 14K pieces were about $500.00 too much for the average QVC viewer. Obviously, with the exception of the Tanzanite, it wasn't the gems.  It was how it was set.  Even an Art d'Oro 18K piece (a charm key bracelet) decorated with semi-precious stones & NO diamonds, commanded a price over $1,000.00.  That's how much the price of gold determines any gem.  Gems by themselves are just not that expensive.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus Did you look at the February 6, 2020 Gem Day Program Guide or watch at all?

Carolyn Pollack's pieces were on during Designer Gemstone Jewelry (1am ET). No hidden meaning there.

Turquoise and Affinity were not the only "singled out" shows. There was Designer (1am), Affinity (2am), Honora (7am), Buyer's Picks (10am), Matthew Foutz (11am), Turquoise (2pm), Moonstone (3pm), Tanzanite (4pm), Under $100 (5pm), and Vault Discoveries (8pm). That's 10 dedicated brand/gem hours and 13 general Gem Day hours out of 23 total live hours. Not as much as every hour between the one-hour kick-off and three-hour finale being dedicated hours (that's 20) during the '90s Gem Day schedules but not as little as you claim.

None of us, nor QVC, consider Diamonique a "gem." There was no Diamonique on Gem Day, there has never been Diamonique on Gem Day! What were you watching?!?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@banned again wrote:

@Shanus Did you look at the February 6, 2020 Gem Day Program Guide or watch at all?

Carolyn Pollack's pieces were on during Designer Gemstone Jewelry (1am ET). No hidden meaning there.

Turquoise and Affinity were not the only "singled out" shows. There was Designer (1am), Affinity (2am), Honora (7am), Buyer's Picks (10am), Matthew Foutz (11am), Turquoise (2pm), Moonstone (3pm), Tanzanite (4pm), Under $100 (5pm), and Vault Discoveries (8pm). That's 10 dedicated brand/gem hours and 13 general Gem Day hours out of 23 total live hours. Not as much as every hour between the one-hour kick-off and three-hour finale being dedicated hours (that's 20) during the '90s Gem Day schedules but not as little as you claim.

None of us, nor QVC, consider Diamonique a "gem." There was no Diamonique on Gem Day, there has never been Diamonique on Gem Day! What were you watching?!?

@banned again   Excuse me? Yes, I recorded shows throughout the day. Designer Gems does not say which designers...could be Ripka, Carolyn Pollack, etc. Vault Discoveries does not narrow down which stones, etc. My request for future gem days is (as they did in the past), list most hours as Sapphires or Rubies, Emeralds, etc. Ripka had her hour, Morganite an hour and so forth throughout the day except for the opening and closing shows. It makes it much easier to choose what to record or watch...unless you sit in front of the TV for 12 hours. "Buyers Picks" for the name of a show or "Gems under $100" tells me nothing.

A rude, "What were you watching" was not necessary. 

Honored Contributor

I am not much of a fan of sterling silver with gemstones as I prefer Fine Jewelry set in 18k gold or platinum. Most of the jewelry that interested me was ruined by using I2, industrial quality diamonds with mediocre color. There was a lovely tanzanite ring flanked with poor quality diamonds and I felt sorry for any of the gemologists that had to present it with a show host. Personally, I would be hard pressed to sell anything like that.

I think watching a few of the shows it just reinforced for me that QVC is not a viable place for me to source anything to add to my jewelry wardrobe. Arte d Oro pieces are few and far between and rarely ever shown anymore. I am thankful that I built a jewelry wardrobe throughout the years not needing to add something new just because it is new....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:
A rude, "What were you watching" was not necessary. 

I didn't think it was rude. I honestly wanted to know if you got mixed up and were watching a previously aired Diamonique show. You are rude to claim things about QVC that are false.

I agree with you that there should be more gemstone hours, but not designers, Judith Ripka has never had an hour on Gem Day before.