Honored Contributor

Gem Shopping solid gold show now

[ Edited ]

$70.00 per gram for 14K

$85.00 per gram for 18K

But these are much heavier then what QVC offers.  I did see a few with 10-14 gram grance for 14K for around. $900.00 range.  Most are heavier.  All pieces are gold, yellow, rosee or white.  No gems.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gem Shopping solid gold show now

@songbird.  Where?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@songbird.  Where?

Gem Shopping Network.  All gold show

Honored Contributor

My cable station doesn't offer that shopping channel but my days of buying gold are over.  I'm not paying today's gold prices unless I upgrade my wedding set.  Which is not in the plan.

Respected Contributor

That is still too much per gram based on today's gold prices. If I were going to buy gold these days (which I'm not) I wouldn't go over 50. I have bought two Imperial Gold bracelet in the last couple of years for just over $40 per gram. Still historically high but I really wanted them.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

That is still too much per gram based on today's gold prices. If I were going to buy gold these days (which I'm not) I wouldn't go over 50. I have bought two Imperial Gold bracelet in the last couple of years for just over $40 per gram. Still historically high but I really wanted them.

I didn't buy any today. Though I have purchased stuff from Gem Shopping (gems with diamonds)  Most of my gold I got from Italy.( And only 18K. to me 14K is not gold).  I was born there and still have family.  When my mother went  over there, she always got us gold. The gold pieces this evening were amazing though.  I never saw a piece that was 119 grams of gold, and tonight I did. All gold is not as high as the precious gems with diamonds though.  Gem wise, the most expensive I saw was a Kashmere Sapphire over 10 Carats and close to a million.  Most of my jewelry now I get from Gem Shopping.

Respected Contributor

I watched Gem Shopping's gold show on my computer and thought their ppg was way too high.  

When gold was high 10 years ago, I sold a lot of my smaller pieces and a few more expensive ones that I no longer liked.  If gold prices soar again, I'll probably clear out the heavier pieces I didn't sell last time.  Now that I'm retired I really have too much that never gets worn. 

Super Contributor

I agree that their gold prices are still too high. They offer heavier pieces. It would be nice if they sold pendant chains, pendants, earrings and rings for around $50 to $60 a gram.

They seem to cater to people who have a lot of money.

There are 2 other jewelry shopping shows. TVON and I'm forgetting the name of the other one. TVON comes on at 9:00 to midnight. on channel 223 if you have direct, or you can watch them live on your computer. The other shopping channel is on the same nights.You can check out their sites to see when they're on. I'll post the name of the other channel when I remember it. Their prices blow Gem Shopping's prices out of the water. They both carry nicer more expensive pieces compaired to QVC and HSN.

I see people pass up some of the most beautiful pieces at great prices and then see people paying basically retail at Gemshopping. It makes no sense to me.

I wouldn't buy a piece that costs $5000 or more without seeing it in person.I did buy a ruby and diamond ring from them and it was such a huge let down. We paid $600 so I wasn't expecting it to be the heavyest ring but it had almost no weight and the ruby's were more pink than red so back it went. They don't make it easy to return things either.

Thank you for posting Songbird!. I did watch the show but like usual I found their prices to be very high.

Honored Contributor

@Remar wrote:

I agree that their gold prices are still too high. They offer heavier pieces. It would be nice if they sold pendant chains, pendants, earrings and rings for around $50 to $60 a gram.

They seem to cater to people who have a lot of money.

There are 2 other jewelry shopping shows. TVON and I'm forgetting the name of the other one. TVON comes on at 9:00 to midnight. on channel 223 if you have direct, or you can watch them live on your computer. The other shopping channel is on the same nights.You can check out their sites to see when they're on. I'll post the name of the other channel when I remember it. Their prices blow Gem Shopping's prices out of the water. They both carry nicer more expensive pieces compaired to QVC and HSN.

I see people pass up some of the most beautiful pieces at great prices and then see people paying basically retail at Gemshopping. It makes no sense to me.

I wouldn't buy a piece that costs $5000 or more without seeing it in person.I did buy a ruby and diamond ring from them and it was such a huge let down. We paid $600 so I wasn't expecting it to be the heavyest ring but it had almost no weight and the ruby's were more pink than red so back it went. They don't make it easy to return things either.

Thank you for posting Songbird!. I did watch the show but like usual I found their prices to be very high.

I've got mixed feelings about TVON.  Yes they offer gems with diamonds and at least 14K.  But the colors of the gems are really not that good.  Gem Shopping has the big guns with desired colors, types of gems and near flawless diamonds.  TVON color of emeralds are especially bad.  They are from Columbia, but Columbia has bad ones too.  Their greens are sick yellowish green. that's why they are cheaper.  Emeralds should be bottle green with no prominent yellow secondary color.  Since gems are only about color, you will pay a lot less for gems at TVON.  Plus they rarely if ever have gems set in 18K or platinum.  Added intrinsic value to your purchase.  Nearly all are in 14K.  That keeps the price down, but not as desirable as 18K or Platinum.  I should be happy they are not set in 10K.  Their sapphires are not bad and the rubies are always from Burma, but they are not very transparent. I have a few sapphires, rubies and one Padparadscha. I have more from Gem shopping and you can see the difference immediately.  If you pay anything from Gem Shopping under $900.00 the quality is not worth it. The gem will only be lightly saturated with color, the gold thin.  You get what you pay for.  Gems are very expensive because of the color, diamonds and setting.  Their color of gems don't really start to look outstanding, until the $2,000.00 mark.  TVON is light years better then QVC, HSN, etc.  I do have to agree about that.  But their colors can't compare with Gem Shopping.  Also TVON rarely if ever offers all gold pieces and does not offer lab reports.  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, @songbird.  I watch Gem Shopping occasionally, but their pieces are just not my style.  Too many rings (I don't buy rings) and too much "gala-style" jewelry.  So much of their merchandise looks like something you'd wear to a royal ball--we go to some nice places, but nothing that fancy.

For the quality, the prices are not unreasonable, but I like mostly day wear-type things and their jewelry is definitely NOT that.