Honored Contributor

why not from a shopping channel unless the business is one noted for shady dealings

if the business is known to be shady, why would I spend anything with them?    

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gem Shopping Network?

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden  I have an acquaintance who has purchased many gems from JTV and had them set by her jeweler in custom-made settings! They are gorgeous and massive, top-quality gems. I was stunned they were from TV.

For years, I've admired her collections of stunning jewelry. Always thought I had an amazing collection until I met her and she began sharing her numerous (large) pieces in every stone, color and shape imaginable. It's an awesome collection fit for a Queen.     

I preferred knowing my gemstones were purchased from my favorite reputable GIA jeweler (not the same one she uses) who sourced their stones on buying trips abroad and are able to tell me when/where and why. Or, from estates they bought and were able to provide the history!   

Different strokes for different folks. 

Actually, that isn't a lot of money for a piece of jewelry.  An engagement ring can easily cost that . . . or more.         

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady     I would never WANT a $60,000 engagement ring let alone a piece of jewery worth anything like that... different strokes for different folks I guess....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac   Please order 2. I'd like one, too. 😂

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus I'll be happy to but first I have to make sure they have Easy Pay.  We can wear them with liquid knit 😂😂😂

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac   ðŸ¤£

@mspatmac wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus I'll be happy to but first I have to make sure they have Easy Pay.  We can wear them with liquid knit 😂😂😂

Honored Contributor

Re: Gem Shopping Network?

[ Edited ]

Sometimes I watch just to see beautiful  super expensive jewelry.  I've seen them sell pieces that cost $100k and higher.  My rich friend bought a $20K pair of South Sea pearl and diamond rearrings from them a few years ago.  A retirement present to herself.