Honored Contributor

Gem Shopping Network version of black friday

I was just flipping by and I saw them practically begging. Offering 14k stuff with gems on them.  If your not fussy over the colors of gems, they are offering tiny precious gems... Ruby, Sapphire, & Emeralds less then a carat) with a couple of points of diamond for $349.00 bucks.  The semi-precious stuff are much bigger (2 carats and up of Topaz, Iolite,Quartz, etc) with a few points of diamonds.  But good news is that they are all set in 14K.  No silver.  Free shipping too.  The exotics being offered (such as Tanzanites, etc) are anemic looking, but they are real gems.)The other channels are offering the same, but set in silver....but less then $100.00.  Any gold seems to be covering some mystery metal if it's not silver.

Respected Contributor

Re: Gem Shopping Network version of black friday

@songbird wrote:

I was just flipping by and I saw them practically begging. Offering 14k stuff with gems on them.  If your not fussy over the colors of gems, they are offering tiny precious gems... Ruby, Sapphire, & Emeralds less then a carat) with a couple of points of diamond for $349.00 bucks.  The semi-precious stuff are much bigger (2 carats and up of Topaz, Iolite,Quartz, etc) with a few points of diamonds.  But good news is that they are all set in 14K.  No silver.  Free shipping too.  The exotics being offered (such as Tanzanites, etc) are anemic looking, but they are real gems.)The other channels are offering the same, but set in silver....but less then $100.00.  Any gold seems to be covering some mystery metal if it's not silver.

Does this gem shopping network have a name?  Would be interested in checking it out!

Super Contributor

It's actually called Gem Shopping Network. Unfortunately they don't have much of a website as they rely on call-in orders, but I believe you can stream the broadcast from the web. My cable provider (TWC) has GEM on one of the higher channels with some other shopping channels. They have some really beautiful high-end jewelry..mostly way out of my budget!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fortune wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Does this gem shopping network have a name?  Would be interested in checking it out!

Just google gem shopping network.  They have a live stream 24 hours a day.  Fabuous gems normally, but very expensive with shipping sometimes $50.00.  Today is the cheap stuff (but compared to what QVC, ShopNBC,etc) very good.  Everything is set in 14K and up including platinum.  One reason things are expensive, is because they broadcast 24 hours a day, very high rental in TV. 

I've purchased from them, Burma rubies, Columbian emeralds and Ceylon sapphires.  The colors are amazing and they come with GIA certification reports.  I'm looking to buy Block D Tanzanites now.  They have under $900.00, but they don't have a lot of diamonds.  Something that sets the price of color gems. They've been on air now for about 20 years.  Have high better business ratings. Very few complaints.  Most customers are satisfied.