Honored Contributor

Gem Shopping Network strikes again

[ Edited ]

I was flipping channels just now and I saw......(for real folks) a 43 gram 14K ring.   I didn't know gold rings went that heavy.  It was just under $2,950.00.  You see necklaces and bracelets all the time, but not 43 grams on a ring.  If it was 18K, it would have beem $5,950.00 at least (or even double that).  I couldn't even decide if it was pretty.  It was just....massive.

Respected Contributor

Re: Gem Shopping Network strikes again

[ Edited ]

@songbird That's overkill for sure.  I have a couple older 14K bracelets that feel quite heavy at 23 grams.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

@songbird That's overkill for sure.  I have a couple older 14K bracelets that feel quite heavy at 23 grams.

A bracelet followed this presentation with 63 grams in 18K.  Drop dead gorgeous tri color bracelet. And 18K color is so much better then 14K colors.  It was a show filled with super heavy gold jewelry.  The heaviest one was a man's chain in 14K that was 96 grams.  Something like that.  About 20" in length.   If it had been longer, you could have skipped rope with it. The 14K items were not bad.  Hard to judge because they were all super heavy gram weight, which meant prices were like $5,000.00 up. The 18K ones were.....well really out there in price.  But 18K is much more gold and so much more desirable. .  My heaviest 18K is a troy ounce.   Heaviest 14K is around 26 grams.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird WOW. That ring must have been huge

I flipped to an estate show yesterday that featured all gold and saw a pair of Imperial gold hoops and a pair of 18k huggie hoops that I own and purchased  from QVC (outlet store) years ago. Both were priced at over $400. 

I am amazed at some of the items they show. I've seen earrings that were listed as 40 grams. I cannot imagine that I could wear something that heavy. 

Honored Contributor

Funny, I just discovered we had this channel on Comcast today while channel surfing. never heard of it before. Tell me more about it, please and thanks.