Super Contributor

Based on DeePas review of the sapphire band ring, I went ahead and ordered J288823, the 1.35 ct tw Kanchanaburi Sapphire Ring 14K Gold.

Maybe I should have gotten the band ring instead of going for the bigger stone.

The color of the sapphires is a velvety blue, a little dark, but still obviously blue in most lights and just beautiful in sunlight. The blue side stones are stunning against the sparkling diamonds, but the center stone is dull. I don't know how to describe it ... maybe the word is 'lifeless'.

I'm going to try it for a few days to see if my impression holds. It's going to be a tough decision because the sapphires really are a nice color.

Super Contributor
On 1/22/2014 juanitalinda said:

Based on DeePas review of the sapphire band ring, I went ahead and ordered J288823, the 1.35 ct tw Kanchanaburi Sapphire Ring 14K Gold.

Maybe I should have gotten the band ring instead of going for the bigger stone.

The color of the sapphires is a velvety blue, a little dark, but still obviously blue in most lights and just beautiful in sunlight. The blue side stones are stunning against the sparkling diamonds, but the center stone is dull. I don't know how to describe it ... maybe the word is 'lifeless'.

I suspect the center stone may be borderline opaque? Sapphires are often paired with diamonds, to give them a little life. Wear it a few days, see how you feel. If you can, look at other sapphire rings in jewelry stores ... but be aware that most jewelry stores seem to be selling lab-created sapphires.

Super Contributor
On 1/18/2014 jetts_mom said:
On 1/18/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/17/2014 Sammycat1 said:
On 1/17/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/17/2014 jetts_mom said:

Only probably? Oh dear. I have such high hopes for that ring.

The stones are deep ... almost like sapphires. I'm sure I'll keep it.

Is it a deep teal blue like london blue, or like the blue of sapphires? I too ordered this ring (shipped already) for the deep blue teal color.

Definitely teal, not the velvet blue of sapphire. The stones are deeper blue than I expected, though, so I'm curious to see what others get.

Should be a Monday delivery tho. Just hate the wait sometimes! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So, what did we all decide about this ring? (J289454)

I thought it was a keeper, but I haven't worn it since I got it.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/5/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/18/2014 jetts_mom said:
On 1/18/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/17/2014 Sammycat1 said:
On 1/17/2014 jetts_mom said:

Only probably? Oh dear. I have such high hopes for that ring.

The stones are deep ... almost like sapphires. I'm sure I'll keep it.

Is it a deep teal blue like london blue, or like the blue of sapphires? I too ordered this ring (shipped already) for the deep blue teal color.

Definitely teal, not the velvet blue of sapphire. The stones are deeper blue than I expected, though, so I'm curious to see what others get.

Should be a Monday delivery tho. Just hate the wait sometimes! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

At first I was underwhelmed, but I'm keeping it. I'm a stack ring person, so I've been combining it with other bands I have -- but I think it also looks beautiful on its own. It's got a simple, quiet, elegance, and the stones have great color and clarity. It's a beautiful shade of london blue -- no grayish tones but not to much bright teal (that fakey look).

What are you going to do?

Super Contributor
On 2/5/2014 Sammycat1 said:
On 2/5/2014 ennui1 said:

At first I was underwhelmed, but I'm keeping it. I'm a stack ring person, so I've been combining it with other bands I have -- but I think it also looks beautiful on its own. It's got a simple, quiet, elegance, and the stones have great color and clarity. It's a beautiful shade of london blue -- no grayish tones

Good point about the gray tones. I think "underwhelmed" is good. I'll probably keep it, I just wish I was in love with it. *sigh*

Super Contributor

My Ostro London Blue Topaz 5-stone band ring arrived today (J289454). Very pretty, very dark. Probably a keeper.

So, did y'all see the kyanite ring that Rick just presented? J290472

Veeerrrry similar ...

Super Contributor

I saw that and thought the same thing, ennui. I've wanted some kyanite for awhile now, and love that teal shade but it's so close to the ring we got.