Super Contributor

Did I miss the thread of gem day reviews? There were so many beautiful items that I thought for sure there would be some comments.

I ordered two of the one-time only rings, knowing that I could only afford to keep one. Both were remarkable stones in gorgeous settings, but the decision on which one to return wasn't difficult this time.

I ordered the Amethyst one time only (J288511) and loved it. Every other amethyst in my jewelry box would pale by comparison. However, the color of the stone was so intense and it was so large that I just could not imagine anyplace that I could wear it.

I ordered the Tanzanite one time only (J288537) which was also gorgeous. This ring found a new home. I like the emerald-cut tanzanite, the color is very deep, and the diamonds clear.

Did anyone else receive anything? There were beautiful garnets, aquamarines, alexandrite shown on gem day. I imagine I'm not the only person who found something to enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

It's funny because I've read so many past posts about how the Q has moved to mostly sterling, bronzo, steel, etc. and away from gold, and that seems to have disappointed many. Well, this Gem Day surely should NOT have disappointed the masses ... all I saw was gold!

Unfortunately, I couldn't afford those gold prices, so I didn't make any purchases, but I did enjoy watching the many beautiful gems.

Occasional Contributor

gosh, the price of gold has dropped. it's no longer $1,800 or $1,600.

the qvc prices should be much lower. sad.

and that stuff is plated. sad.

Super Contributor
On 1/7/2014 Shogirl said:

It's funny because I've read so many past posts about how the Q has moved to mostly sterling, bronzo, steel, etc. and away from gold, and that seems to have disappointed many. Well, this Gem Day surely should NOT have disappointed the masses ... all I saw was gold!

Unfortunately, I couldn't afford those gold prices, so I didn't make any purchases, but I did enjoy watching the many beautiful gems.

I hear you about the prices. I think I spent most of my yearly jewelry budget and we are only one week into January.

Super Contributor
On 1/7/2014 juanitalinda said:

I ordered the Amethyst one time only (J288511) and loved it. Every other amethyst in my jewelry box would pale by comparison. However, the color of the stone was so intense and it was so large that I just could not imagine anyplace that I could wear it.

I love amethyst, so don't be too quick to return it. Maybe you'll get a tax refund?

Valued Contributor

Wow that tanzanite is a stunner!!!!!!!!!!! I would definitely keep that one too. I never saw it presented. I have an affinity for emerald cut stones.

I was curious too. I'd love to hear how people liked the Alexandrite or that gigantic Affinity Pave Solitaire ring.

Esteemed Contributor

both sound beautiful. I didn't do any buying on gem day. Most of the things I would have ordered were more money than I wanted to spend immediately after the holidays. Some other time, maybe it would have been more likely.

I love the emerald cut style, too. Enjoy.

Super Contributor

I think there were several Advance Order items, so reviews may be slow to trickle in.

Esteemed Contributor

Only one of my items has shipped; one was advance sale and the other waitlist.

Enjoy your new treausures -- they are lovely!

Honored Contributor

I ordered the 14k alexandrite cross. #J146911. The gold weight is nice. The alex stones are certainly not high quality but it's as close as I may ever get to a fairly decent alex cross. The larger stones sparkle and have some color change. The tiny stones have some sparkle but I think they're just too small for color change. The size of the cross is perfect!

The only downside is the bail. They should have just put a regular bail on it. The enhancer side of it is not made very well. I took it my jeweler and he is soldering it shut at both ends of the clasp to make it more secure.

I have a 14k Generations 1912 ring that has 5 good sized alex stones and is gorgeous!