Respected Contributor

Re: Gem Day...pathetic line up for shows...

I just haven't seen anything during the night that would attract me to spend that kind of money for something I don't consider that special.

I'd like to see some aquamarine stones, but I'm not willing to sit thru downs of other choices to find one. I'll check the computer for possibilities, but the prices must be within reason.

Super Contributor

Pink Dogwood has it down perfectly. I agree. I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars on TV jewelry. I've ordered some sterling, but a piece for $800.00+! You're kidding. If I could afford that, I'd be in a fine jewelry store getting the info from a jeweler. I'm glad I don't watch the Q. I just read the comments and look at what's been presented. That's all I can take of it.

tea

Respected Contributor

I did not care for the Gem Days before, when prices weren't out of the galaxy and there was probably more variety. I can't imagine what it is like now.

Esteemed Contributor

Those of us that have really been around for a while can remember whole hours of one stone with lots of items. Didn't they have whole weeks with shows at times as well as complete days? Gold and silver. Worth getting the coffee all set up before they started. Wow, I miss it.

Respected Contributor

A day off from QVC for me, since I have no interest at all in gemstones of any kind.

Regular Contributor

I can't agree. I am finding this GEM DAY so delightful, I started the discussion "This Mastercut Gem Day is Dreamy"

That's why life is so rich, differences in opinion.

Trusted Contributor

For me, buying fine jewelry is a rare, special, and intentional experience. I do it once in a blue moon, and when I do I look for something unique, special, and beautiful. I do not sit at home waiting for a TV salesperson to convince me to blow significant money for no particular reason on miscellaneous, unremarkable, mass-produced pieces of jewelry from a TV shopping channel's warehouse. Won't waste my time.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched much but thought there being some amber was good. Remember all the amber shows years ago? Bought all my amber then and still love it. Not into diamonds; never was. And the prices are sky high so won't be buying. I get tired of more than one hour devoted to a gem. There should be 24 hours of 1 hour shows of 24 different gems. But at least this day isn't full of beds or computers or vacuum cleaners or the garbage that the weekends are full of. Would take a gem day over any of that.

Valued Contributor

They have narrowed their customer base. Not many of us can afford $300 for gems these days.

Valued Contributor

double post