Respected Contributor

Re: Gem Day only 21 hrs, Klondike Gold Rush Cancelled

I was really surprised in the "gold show". It seemed to me they were just selling the inventory they already have in stock for the most part, not much new. I was hoping for a 14k coin ring but nothing added.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gem Day only 21 hrs, Klondike Gold Rush Cancelled

@princess jasmine wrote:

So disappointed to hear gold rush is cancelled. Nice gold jewelry is really scarce everywhere. Back in the 90's up to 2005 gold was plentiful everywhere, qvc, shopnbc even the jewelry exchanges in my area had beautiful jewelry with fair prices. I wonder if they skilled craftsmen required to make the jewelry  is a dying breed. Where does a girl go to find something nice??

This comment was particularly relevant to my own gold purchasing on QVC- I ha was having some painful personal issues in 2006/2007, and as a diversion, I started to haunt the "as is" and last clicks pages looking for gold. 

I picked led up some lovely, reasonably weighty pieces that I love to this day. When they dried up, I stopped buying.

I still enjoy my pieces from that period very much, but I have only bought a rare few gold things since.