Honored Contributor

Re: Winter Gem Day—Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Saw the exotic bracelets.  Am puzzled by QVC idea of exotic.  Rhodilite Garnet?, Glass passing off as Tanzanite? (got the violet, no blue)  Apatite.  A very common stone.  Mexican fire opal?  Should be Australian Black Lightning Ridge opals.  Now that's an exotic opal.   All for $249.00. Not my idea of exotic. I guess that's why I don't like gem day. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alice87 wrote:

These peridot items looks dark. This is the color I like more than green grass peridot. I wonder if it is actually different stone. 

@alice87 
The Arizona peridot has a richer hue and brightness to it, if you can obtain choice stones. I've purchased several high quality pieces over the years (not from QVC, but they do have some here.) As with anything, you get what you pay for. 

These will probably be in the Vault Discoveries show in the evening with Peyton Kelley. He does a great job explaining this type of peridot.

Respected Contributor

Re: Gem Day—Wednesday, February 3, 2021

What happened to Nancy? She was supposed to be on from 7-9am ET. Does anyone know?

Respected Contributor

@banned again   Gratitude for your wonderful image, info, and Enabling!

The tanzanite tennis bracelet is coming to my small cottage!

{Thankful I was awake for the midnight showing.}

For those of us with tiny wrists, a tennis bracelet isn't clunky.

Tempted, of course, by the multi—like wearing a rainbow.

Happy stuff in horrific times,.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Laundry list of errors again today:

• J-371639: fluorite misspelled on graphic as "flourite" -Jeff Moseley should have said something
  • J-371655: semi-precious gemstone misidentified on graphic as "precious gemstone" -again Jeff Moseley should have said something
  • TSV is not first tennis bracelet TSV in 10 years, adjustable tennis bracelet was a TSV 5½ years ago and Or Paz Tennis Bracelet was a TSV 3½ years ago
  • Matthew Foutz again stated that labraborite has chatoyancy. It does not.
  • other formatting and syntax errors in topline descriptions
Valued Contributor

I noticed JTV had a min 17 ctw Russian Chrome Diopside bracelet on last night for only $149.00 - it was 18k gold over silver but still much bigger stones than the one on Q and $100 cheaper; I was kinda tempted but I already have an RCD line bracelet and also one that alternatives between RCD and Ethiopian Opal.

Esteemed Contributor

@banned again wrote:

Laundry list of errors again today:

• J-371639: fluorite misspelled on graphic as "flourite" -Jeff Moseley should have said something
  • J-371655: semi-precious gemstone misidentified on graphic as "precious gemstone" -again Jeff Moseley should have said something
  • TSV is not first tennis bracelet TSV in 10 years, adjustable tennis bracelet was a TSV 5½ years ago and Or Paz Tennis Bracelet was a TSV 3½ years ago
  • Matthew Foutz again stated that labraborite has chatoyancy. It does not.
  • other formatting and syntax errors in topline descriptions

Typos, misspellings and other similar errors are all through the web site. Nothing new, sadly. 

I'm just enjoying the gemstones in spite of it.

Trusted Contributor

@debfau wrote:

I noticed JTV had a min 17 ctw Russian Chrome Diopside bracelet on last night for only $149.00 - it was 18k gold over silver but still much bigger stones than the one on Q and $100 cheaper; I was kinda tempted but I already have an RCD line bracelet and also one that alternatives between RCD and Ethiopian Opal.

I bought that bracelet last night since I don't have a RCD bracelet.  Looked much nicer than the one they are selling today at the Q

Super Contributor

He does, love his stories.

I did ordered the ring they presented last time, I di dnot like how small it was, sent it back. Did you see Arkansas quartz pieces with Arizona peridot?