Respected Contributor

Re: Gem Day — Thursday, July 29

Some people are gem snobs or for a nicer word, connoisseurs. And apparently have the budget for that expensive jewelry. And like to tell everyone about it. The peasants among us who are on limited or fixed incomes, have to look at a bigger picture, i.e. what am I willing to sacrifice in order to have a pretty jewelry piece that I can afford. It might mean slightly less perfect stones. Or a simpler design set in silver. I'm ok with that sometimes. 
I ordered the Affinity tree of life pendant in pink tourmaline set in silver, and the faceted bead necklace in rhodolite garnet. Neither was a budget buster for me (thank you QVC card), and I will examine closely once they arrive. If anything about them looks cheap or of obviously poor quality I'll return them. 

There is quite likely something for most tastes and budgets today. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 

I bought a pair of pink tourmaline (3.2 cttw) inside-out hoops set in rg vermeil for $80 plus I had a coupon to drop the final price to under $60!  That was just last year so it wasn't like that price was old. These are beautiful and so well made (from ShopLC).

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Some people are gem snobs or for a nicer word, connoisseurs. And apparently have the budget for that expensive jewelry. And like to tell everyone about it. The peasants among us who are on limited or fixed incomes, have to look at a bigger picture, i.e. what am I willing to sacrifice in order to have a pretty jewelry piece that I can afford. It might mean slightly less perfect stones. Or a simpler design set in silver. I'm ok with that sometimes. 
I ordered the Affinity tree of life pendant in pink tourmaline set in silver, and the faceted bead necklace in rhodolite garnet. Neither was a budget buster for me (thank you QVC card), and I will examine closely once they arrive. If anything about them looks cheap or of obviously poor quality I'll return them. 

There is quite likely something for most tastes and budgets today. 

@fairydogmother what is the item# for the faceted bead necklace in the rhodolite?  I love rhodolite?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The matching TSV hoop earrings are terribly overpriced! Those should be selling for about $150 tops...$100 on a good day.

I concur! I guess I am spoiled @SilleeMee . My sources for jewelry is from reputable estate vendors who sell well made gold and platinum jewelry at excellent price points. 

@Trinity11 

I bought a pair of pink tourmaline (3.2 cttw) inside-out hoops set in rg vermeil for $80 plus I had a coupon to drop the final price to under $60!  That was just last year so it wasn't like that price was old. These are beautiful and so well made (from ShopLC).

Very pretty @SilleeMee ! The color is so pretty!

I removed my post. Apparently, someone here saw fit to snark based on it. Another reason, I share little here anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Thank you! Yes, I understand. 

Respected Contributor

@Pecky  J368162. Choice of gems and lengths 😊

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@Pecky  J368162. Choice of gems and lengths 😊

@fairydogmother Thank you! It is gorgeous.  I like the moonstone too.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother   I love pink tourmaline!  It's one of my favorite.  And if you plan on layering it with the rhodonite it will be gorgeous.  Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee   Those hoops are so pretty!   What a great find!  I know I'd wear them often.

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@SilleeMee   Those hoops are so pretty!   What a great find!  I know I'd wear them often.

Thank you @nova .

I do find myself reaching for them more than I thought I would. The color is soft and really neutral so I can wear them with anything.