Respected Contributor

Re: Gem Day — Thursday, July 29

@Sammycat1 It does like like pink tourmaline but I thought perhaps they were carrying this in gemstones that match the Generation Gems Tennis Bracelet TSV from last Gem Day. I guess if you want a rhodolite ring to match that TSV you'd have to get the emerald cut one if it's still available.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Ugh. Sterling silver. That's a hard pass from me. If it were available in yellow gold I'd probably buy the earrings. Guess I'll be saving some money!!! 

About 90% will be set in to Sterling.  I know...I hate it too.  Nothing you can do about it.  It's the only available still affordable metal people will be willing to wear.  Can you see them knocking down the door for a gem set in Bronze?   QVC does draw the line at diamonds.  Affinity will be set in 14K, that's for sure.  Another annoyance is for gems set in Sterling....is the alternative, gold layered over silver.  That will come off eventually. And you're left with a gem set in something that will tarnish.  The alternative is you guessed it...that very expensive 24 hour gem network and they rarely have anything in silver. Almost everything is set 14K, 18K, & platinum.  And 90% of the gems are set with diamonds. Also the gems are drenched in color.

Semi precious gems for sure at QVC.  They will throw in a Tanzanite (& charge more) Tanzania has flooded the market with them.  You see them everywhere.  You rarely see Sapphires/ruby & Emeralds as a TSV (and set in gold!)

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Ugh. Sterling silver. That's a hard pass from me. If it were available in yellow gold I'd probably buy the earrings. Guess I'll be saving some money!!! 

About 90% will be set in to Sterling.  I know...I hate it too.  Nothing you can do about it.  It's the only available still affordable metal people will be willing to wear.  Can you see them knocking down the door for a gem set in Bronze?   QVC does draw the line at diamonds.  Affinity will be set in 14K, that's for sure.  Another annoyance is for gems set in Sterling....is the alternative, gold layered over silver.  That will come off eventually. And you're left with a gem set in something that will tarnish.  The alternative is you guessed it...that very expensive 24 hour gem network and they rarely have anything in silver. Almost everything is set 14K, 18K, & platinum.  And 90% of the gems are set with diamonds. Also the gems are drenched in color.

Semi precious gems for sure at QVC.  They will throw in a Tanzanite (& charge more) Tanzania has flooded the market with them.  You see them everywhere.  You rarely see Sapphires/ruby & Emeralds as a TSV (and set in gold!)

1.  Affinity is always set in silver or gold. This has always been the case.

2.  Exotic gemstones are always a delight and are almost always set in gold. Peyton Kelley brings them in set in gold and silver.  Not the same old sapphires, emeralds and rubies, which QVC has done ad nauseum in gold before.

3. QVC is a volume business. People are generally not buying gemstone and gold jewelry in enough numbers to justify the air time and all the other related expenses. 

4. Who would buy from the "expensive" other network? They were schlocking out 2nd rate Effy pieces the other night, for goodness' sake. You can do significantly better in private trunk and/or gem shows...if you know what you're looking at and for. Most people do not.

Respected Contributor

Thea Marr is modeling remotely!

GemDay2021067.png

Honored Contributor

So far,nothing special.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@banned again 
Yes, Thea was supposed to do outdoor location modeling in Arizona, but the weather didn't hold up.  So the crew went indoors and created a fake western saloon behind her.

I guess they wanted to tie-in some authenticity of location with the TSV.  Too bad the inside set looks awfully dark & murky.  Hopefully it'll look better as the day progresses.  

Honored Contributor

In Arizona?  They picked that state because of the annual gem sales usually held in February.  Because in February there, you won't die from the heat.  Plus it's a center of the only kind of gems mother nature makes in the U.S. that is half way decent.  The U.S. was never blessed with gems.  Good gems are in South America and Africa (once the same land mass & in the Himalayan mountains/South Asia)    Won't be watching.  Everything will be in Sterling, semi precious and incorrect or not great color saturation. Because prices are too low. Go to Gem Shopping for good gems.

Honored Contributor

The matching TSV hoop earrings are terribly overpriced! Those should be selling for about $150 tops...$100 on a good day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

-

Honored Contributor

LOVE the TSV and actually think the price is pretty good. I love the fire opal and the chrome---but won't be buying as I already bought a gorgeous chrome ring earlier this year---it is all emerald shapes on a gold band-----love gem day------wish they were more often.