Valued Contributor
It's one thing to hear the SB mine story over and over.....but listening to Jane saying it, brings it to the higher level of annoyance..... for me anyway..... and I love turquoise! J294537 looks amazing.....but I can't afford it right now.....
Valued Contributor
Sapphire and diamond ring..... emerald plus gold are gorgeous....and I'm not even a green color person!!! Fortunately, or unfortunately......way too expensive for me.....
Super Contributor
Anyone have any sleeping beauty doublets with the crystal quartz on top? I'm curious to know if they call it sleeping beauty, even though it could have even the smallest of matrix in it disguised by the crystal. Seen a couple pieces I might like, but wondering about the quality.
Super Contributor

All we hear about is they have closed the mine on this stuff. WHY then are they offering so much of it? So rare huh?!

Occasional Contributor

NICE TO SEE THAT THE Q IS OFFERING VARIETY,AND QUALITY ON THIS GEM DAY.THE TURQUOISE I ALREADY HAVE,BUT THE EMERALD SAND CEYLON SAPPHIRES ARE NICE TO SEE AND ON EASY PAY.PRICES ARE HIGHER,BUT SO ARE QUALITY VENDORS AT THE MOMENT.KUDOS TO THE GEM BUYERS FOR THE SELECTION.MY SUGGESTION IS THAT THEY MOVE THIS DAY A LITTLE FURTHER OUT FROM THE HOLIDAYS,I'M TAPPED OUT RIGHT NOW....

Honored Contributor

Most of the prices are a little high. Really like the turg and fire opal band but it is around $600.00. Too much for me.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Contributor

Does anyone have the Ecclissi SB Watch that's been featured today? Thinking about the silver or the black. Also Wondering if it will tarnish?

Respected Contributor
On 1/7/2015 tough_kitty said:
On 1/7/2015 goldreich27 said:

I am awaiting the presentation just to see if they show us the underneath of the ring. If it's screened underneath then maybe it would be closer to the value they stamped on it.

I love SB for the color and the fact it has no matrix. I bet the setting is thin and cheap looking.

I'm kind of new at this - so if you can see the stone underneath the ring, does it mean it's cheaply done? Not sure what it means that the ring is "screened underneath"....I suppose I can go and google it Smiley Happy

I prefer a gallery underneath the gem of metal - silver or gold - depending on the item. I find that especially in a ring, it is more comfortable to wear. It seems to me that once upon a time, all rings had a gallery underneath but when gold & silver prices rose, they started making them w/o to save $ and lower the price. I stopped buying rings w/o it because I didn't like the way the ring felt and so was returning them. I haven't seen the underside of this ring - I didn't stay up for the midnight show.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/8/2015 ncascade said:

Most of the prices are a little high. Really like the turg and fire opal band but it is around $600.00. Too much for me.

I definately think the prices are high......I also think the last few times they had "gem" events they had shown mainly expensive gemstones ( morganite, tanzenite, etc) set in the sterling and gold which made the prices jump................would love to see a gem day with the more inexpensive but just as lovely stones......like different color topaz's, pearls , garnets, peridots, citrines, jade.................and even more rubies & sapphires even though they may be priced a bit higher.......................................and the doublets are just enhancing a sliver of the original stone so I would not be interested in those options.....BUT it is just a very NICE day for QVC in place of the Dysons, HP, Serta, Beauty Producst...etc so i will watch and enjoy the programs scheduled.....

Respected Contributor

I always thought you had to be careful when wearing tanzanite. That it's brittle and can fracture pretty easily because of the crystal structure and it's not recommended for daily wear, especially in wedding rings. Nancy is saying wear it everyday, don't be afraid and she's been wearing that trillion cut tanzanite ring as a wedding ring. Does anyone know if tanzanite is good to wear everyday? It's the first time I've heard this.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____