Honored Contributor
On 1/7/2015 luvmyshihtzu said:

Hi. Does anyone have a link or item number for the TSV ring?

Thanks

I believe that if you go to the second of the preview pages using the link at the top of the page and seek out the rope design SB ring that will be it. It is not showing as the TSV nor is the TSV price showing, but that appears to be the same (or very similar) item shown elsewhere as the TSV... They don't like it when you post actual links or actual previews of their, um, closely guarded... TSV's. Odd, since you'd think their goal was to sell, but, well, go figure...

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

At least they have lost the mantra about silver is so high we have to go to alternative metals.

Honored Contributor
On 1/7/2015 SANNA said: I guess they do not have a buying power for JR diamonique and other triplet or doublet stones.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

And you'd really think they would, since it's their own brand of fake diamonds...!

Nope, I guess that requires a whole other kind of, uh, gimmick... as in, 'taken right from her couture line'... As if...

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

NYCgirl, I like MV's rings but for myself I'd really prefer a pendant with a large stone. I have a 15 carat blue topaz ring that I bought 10 years ago and never wear because for me it is just too big. I'm considering taking it to a jeweler and having it converted to be able to wear it as a pendant. Right now, it is in a safe deposit box which is kind of useless.

stevie, flavor of the month is a good description. yes its a nice sized stone but I agree with you that it just doesn't stand out to me. I have other SB turquoise in earrings & rings, I'll wear what I have and save the $99 bucks plus whatever the S&H & taxes will add to that. You know as I read and look at more info online, I think that it has less to do with Q's buying power on the blenders/computers/dyson's, etc and more to do with the manufacturers being interested in unloading their more "out of date" items. That's not always a bad thing but it is definitely a buyer beware deal. Q, along with Shop HQ, has become very heavy on what feels more like infomercials (Shop does it with watches to the point that I can't stand it) than real shopping.

Honored Contributor
On 1/7/2015 depglass said:

At least they have lost the mantra about silver is so high we have to go to alternative metals.

Yea, I think they finally figured out no one was buying that one... even for a minute. They figured we knew it was ALL about a higher profit margin for bronze and mystery metals...

Honored Contributor
On 1/7/2015 GinaV24 said:

NYCgirl, I like MV's rings but for myself I'd really prefer a pendant with a large stone. I have a 15 carat blue topaz ring that I bought 10 years ago and never wear because for me it is just too big. I'm considering taking it to a jeweler and having it converted to be able to wear it as a pendant. Right now, it is in a safe deposit box which is kind of useless.

stevie, flavor of the month is a good description. yes its a nice sized stone but I agree with you that it just doesn't stand out to me. I have other SB turquoise in earrings & rings, I'll wear what I have and save the $99 bucks plus whatever the S&H & taxes will add to that. You know as I read and look at more info online, I think that it has less to do with Q's buying power on the blenders/computers/dyson's, etc and more to do with the manufacturers being interested in unloading their more "out of date" items. That's not always a bad thing but it is definitely a buyer beware deal. Q, along with Shop HQ, has become very heavy on what feels more like infomercials (Shop does it with watches to the point that I can't stand it) than real shopping.

Agreed, Gina... This feels less and less like retail shopping with customers as the focus and more and more like they're selling airtime and hosting services to companies, and we're (if we're still watching...) the built in audience... The difference is that HQ has always done that with watches, or has for a very long time, whereas QVC used to offer interesting and diverse programming options and used to be more of a quality retail operation and less of a 'broker' of other entity's left-over, dated blenders and computers...

Wink

Contributor
On 1/7/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/7/2015 luvmyshihtzu said:

Hi. Does anyone have a link or item number for the TSV ring?

Thanks

I believe that if you go to the second of the preview pages using the link at the top of the page and seek out the rope design SB ring that will be it. It is not showing as the TSV nor is the TSV price showing, but that appears to be the same (or very similar) item shown elsewhere as the TSV... They don't like it when you post actual links or actual previews of their, um, closely guarded... TSV's. Odd, since you'd think their goal was to sell, but, well, go figure...

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Thanks, I'll take a look and weird that it's so secret.

Respected Contributor
On 1/7/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/7/2015 GinaV24 said:

Agreed, Gina... This feels less and less like retail shopping with customers as the focus and more and more like they're selling airtime and hosting services to companies, and we're (if we're still watching...) the built in audience... The difference is that HQ has always done that with watches, or has for a very long time, whereas QVC used to offer interesting and diverse programming options and used to be more of a quality retail operation and less of a 'broker' of other entity's left-over, dated blenders and computers...

Wink

I think you're right, stevie, it probably annoys me more because it seems that Q has simply stopped bothering with what made them popular to begin with in the first place. For me, it certainly WAS the diverse product lines. I wonder if this narrow branding thing really works. If they are getting paid by the various vendors for the airtime it probably is a winning situation for them, although I seem to recall seeing reports that their profit margins aren't what they once were. Sometimes it all reminds me of the Dire Straits song "you gotta move those color tv's". LOL

Honored Contributor

Frankly Gina, I think they're afraid... I think what they're doing is perhaps working to a point, because they are still selling merchandise, and if they're also getting compensated for air time, they probably view this as a less risky path to staying at least marginally in the black than would be a return to actually selling interesting and diverse merchandise to customers as their primary focus... As I've said so many times, bully for them... glad it's working for them (if it is) but it isn't working for me... Like you, I find it beyond annoying and a real let down, given the Q that was.

Valued Contributor

J319539