Super Contributor

Hi ladies (and gents)! Did anyone see the TSV sleeping beauty ring which will air on Gem Day? What do you all think of it? Also - is there anything else on your "buying radar" on Gem Day?

Me, personally, I don't care for the SB ring and I don't think I will be purchasing anything on Gem Day.

Just wondering what your thoughts were...

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Trusted Contributor

I perused the Gem Day preview and here are my thoughts-

-I can't believe how many Sleeping Beauty pieces there are - why so much?

-I can't believe the high prices of many of the pieces (which makes me wonder if this is the trend, since ShopHQ seems to be carrying more and more high cost solid gold with gemstone pieces.)

-I liked the variety of designs.

-I can't believe the high prices! (Oh, I already said that...)

Super Contributor
On 1/6/2015 Shogirl said:

I perused the Gem Day preview and here are my thoughts-

-I can't believe how many Sleeping Beauty pieces there are - why so much?

-I can't believe the high prices of many of the pieces (which makes me wonder if this is the trend, since ShopHQ seems to be carrying more and more high cost solid gold with gemstone pieces.)

-I liked the variety of designs.

-I can't believe the high prices! (Oh, I already said that...)

There is quite a bit of SB. I thought the mine was closed!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Trusted Contributor

I too looked at the preview and absolutely nothing caught my eye. The few items I may like are too far out of my reach price wise. I have to work that day anyway, but I've been really happy with my jewelry purchases that I've made elsewhere lately. Sad, but true. Will not be buying.

Respected Contributor
I just ordered this ring in white silver. I think $99 is a fair price. I could not find any info about how it was treated, but it is Q and they are always not clear about anything. But my Q tennis bracelet is good so that is why I am giving this ring a chance and it looks exactly like David Yurmans for $1600 only with fake turquoise
Respected Contributor

I looked at the preview and saw the TSV ring. I don't think I'll be buying it and I was surprised to see how many sleeping beauty items there were - guess QVC's "buying power" came thru even with the "mine closed".

I like some of the items very much but not the prices so for me, I'll pass. it will be nice to have a gem day though - even if I'm going to window shop.

Respected Contributor
I do not care about mine closure, I just love this stone.
Honored Contributor

I'm not interested in the TSV because it's silver. I have a gorgeous 14k SB turquoise ring from Michael V so don't need a ring. But I'd love to have a pendant so will check things out.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure there will be more items -- what they're showing is just a preview. They always save the full complement until the actual day of the event.

It's a nice variety in price and type of stones, at least.

Respected Contributor

Are you talking about QVC Gem Day or some other shopping channel?