Super Contributor

While I agree there were many truly lovely gemstones that I couldn't afford to buy, I did enjoy watching many of the shows.

I ended up buying a few pieces, including J319130, white zircon and ruby/sapphire/or emerald. I ended up backordered on the emerald, but I received the ruby today.

It is luscious ... at first glance it looked like a diamonique with synthetic ruby. It is that perfect. .

I suppose it is actually a glass-filled natural ruby, but even so, I love it.

Did anyone else find something to buy?

Honored Contributor

What a pretty name...

I found a few things to buy too, but unfortunately, none of them has yet arrived... I ordered the same ring as did you, only in sapphire, so I'll be curious to see if it's a keeper. I'm hoping the sapphires on the ring I receive are actually blue, having found most of the sapphires I've ordered from QVC in the past are closer to black.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I ordered a turquoise pendant and it's gorgeous!!!

I was so glad Q spent a day on something other than vacuums, mattresses, electronics, and kitchen stuff.

Trusted Contributor

ShopHQ is starting a Gem Week (I think it's a whole week) tonight at midnight.

Honored Contributor

Frankly, I'm a little miffed. It seemed that before Christmas, items were shipping and were received so quickly and now, here we are, back to business as usual... Typically, I don't fault QVC for slow shipping, because I usually find things arrive in a reasonable time frame, but none of my purchases has yet arrived and while I suppose it hasn't been that long, and while I'm perhaps being a little impatient, I would've thought something would've hit my door by now...

Honored Contributor

On the other hand, things I ordered from SHQ have further to travel and arrived in a matter of a few days... Added to that, they DO tend to offer jewelry on a more regular basis... Yet another reason, I guess, to shop elsewhere...

Honored Contributor
On 1/13/2015 Shogirl said:

ShopHQ is starting a Gem Week (I think it's a whole week) tonight at midnight.

Good to know...

Frequent Contributor
I enjoyed Gem Day, but thought too many items were too pricey. I also thought there was too much turquoise (as discussed in another thread) and no variety of tuquoise at that. I understand that the TSV was turquoise, but still. That being said, I did purchase a couple of rings; the morganite cabachon ring (J290247) and an ammolite ring (J295835). The ammolite ring was sold out in my size by the time I awoke, but I kept checking back and it was available a couple of days later.
Honored Contributor

I have to be fair and report that two of the three items I ordered arrived this afternoon... Don't know what the problem is with the third one, but two out of three ain't bad...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Can't comment on them as I haven't opened them yet...

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
I bought J291358 in blue love it, J288958 love it more, J319253 watch love it, J295133 watch love it. I bought J281769 before gem day and it is my favorite thing I bought. Bought J295339 very light and pretty but I didn't like the security so sent that back. Bought J274200 and have been wearing those every day. Waiting on my peridot ring, tanzanite necklace, turquoise watch, and garnet bracelet.