Respected Contributor

Yep. Pretty gaudy all right. Even in the pics.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

well,I just received the Gaudiest diamonique ring ever! No way did it look like that when being presented.i wish I could explain the look.item number j37881.check it out

Don't understand why you would have ordered it if that's the way you felt.  It's a large ring for sure but looks that way on the presentation.  It gives you all the measurements there.

Frequent Contributor

j371881. I checked it out. It makes quite a statement that's for sure! If the Diamonique team would scale down the size and style of the ring I think it would be really pretty. As it is, it's not the style for me. I like more understated rings for the most part that I can feel comfortable wearing every day. To each their own as they say.

Honored Contributor

The things that I think can make DMQ rings look gaudy are: 1. Too many different cut stones in one ring, and 2. Settings that are too high.  A large stone set low is much more elegant (IMO) than one that is "in your face" high.

Additionally, I don't love marquise cut stones, although I have seen them in east-west settings that are modern and elegant.

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Luvsmyfam 

Wear it - wear it every place you go, you'll get loads of compliments and I promise you - it will make you like the ring. 

It may never be in your top 6 favorites, but you'll end up liking it because you'll get noticed and people will say it's very pretty.

This might just turn your frown around.

Give it a shot.

@MoonieBaby , @Luvsmyfam , I agree with Ko.  You have some time to try it.  Maybe wear it and see if you change your mind.  

Have fun! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam , quite a few years ago I had a friend/goldsmith create a ring for me with a .91 round diamond he'd gotten in as a trade.  I already had a (semi-mount) white gold ring with a small baguette on each side but the center stone was no longer there. I told him no hurry, set the round in the center and do whatever else he wanted.

Well, being more of an artist type, he got caught up in the creation and kept working on it.  I'd stop by once or twice a month and each time he had another idea to add and I'd put down another small payment. I didn't mind, it was fun to watch the process.

The finished product cost me more than I'd planned but there is not another ring like it!  The gold is work is substantial and the center stone is set in a way that makes it appear to be much larger than it is.  Some folks might think it's gaudy but to me it's a lovely work of art.