Super Contributor

GILI Elongated Beaded Satin Cross ARRIVED!!!

I received today!! One word: WOW! I wasn't going to write a review because I posted another GILI review the other day and it received no replies so figured people may just not care about reviews like I do. However I know this GILI Beaded Cross was a HOT item when it hit Lisa's FB page and it sold quickly so thought I'd post my opinion on it for those who may be interested.

Anyway, I have no idea why the beaded cross is not getting stellar reviews (I've read of a couple complaints). I think it is DIVINE in the Rose!! Yes, it is long and exaggerated and people should have realized that upon ordered this option versus the short one. The Rose is soft and really compliments any skin tone. The beads feel substantial and the smaller silver beads in between the rose ones set off a nice contrast. The SATIN beads was an excellent choice; it whispers the dramatic appearance instead of shouting if they were high polished.

My chain I do not find cheap looking at all. Granted I don't think I'm ever going to wear this cross on the chain because I truly believe this cross belongs on a black cord for it to really make a statement. The chain is of good quality though; it'll be nice to have to use for something else.

As for the cord that I read some people are complaining about… again, I have a very different opinion on that. Sometimes you gotta think outside of the box and not just go with what is given. If the cord is too long for some, then just buy another cord (they're super cheap everywhere!) and use that instead. But furthermore, I have a very petite neck so for me the cord Q provided is definitely too long for me too. The cross needs to sit up really high on the neck otherwise it may hang too low. What I did was just forgo the clasp and just tied it tight in the back of my neck. Worked perfectly!!! Such a chic looking piece and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Lisa nailed it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

When Lisa wore hers on the air I do recall hers being tied in the back of her neck too. I got a glimpse of it when she turned around and had her hair up. She probably was not wearing the exact cord that came with this cross but she did have it tied nonetheless instead of using a clasp. Using a clasp is going to be really tricky for this type of look.

Hope this review was helpful to you. Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: GILI Elongated Beaded Satin Cross ARRIVED!!!

Great details-thx for sharing & enjoy your new treasures!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

OT-do you have any scoop/info about the short slanted crystal cross? Is it only in silver?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Chi-town girl said: OT-do you have any scoop/info about the short slanted crystal cross? Is it only in silver?

Yikes! Had no idea another cross is coming?? I better go hide LOL.

Perhaps that one will be tomorrow or they're saving it for the actual show because I know lots of people were looking forward to purchasing some type of GILI cross.

I'll let you know if I hear of anything.

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 TrailBlazer05 said:
On 12/11/2014 Chi-town girl said: OT-do you have any scoop/info about the short slanted crystal cross? Is it only in silver?

Yikes! Had no idea another cross is coming?? I better go hide LOL. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Perhaps that one will be tomorrow or they're saving it for the actual show because I know lots of people were looking forward to purchasing some type of GILI cross.

I'll let you know if I hear of anything.

Lol-I happened to catch a GF pic of the crystal necklaces. One was elongated ; the other looks exactly the same except it is only 3"in length with the bottom cut in a slanted fashion. I only recall seeing the short one in silver, but perhaps it will be offered in the same 5 options. So is this the Posh gift to post fri at midnight? I heard the long sleeve zipper leather dress & pleated leather jacket are confirmed/saved for Friday.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine came today too and I'm in the 'Wow" camp with you! The quality of the satin finish and the attention to detail were exceptional. I bought the gold and the rose and both look like 14K.

While we all have different ideas of what looks cheap, I found the chain that came with the pendant to be quite nice and plan to use it with other pendants. As for the cord, yes it's long and like you I also just tied mine in the back--I think you could also make a few knots on both sides of the clasp and that would also take up the slack.

I have boxes of jewelry but nothing like this. It's rare to find something that's so original. I know this will be signature piece for me.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the review. I do appreciate it.

Trusted Contributor

It's so unfair that people who are not on facebook didn't have the opportunity to purchase this cross. I wàs definitely looking forward to purchasing it but now I guess I'm out of luck. I see the long crystal one will be on Lisa's show but at $229.99, I will not be purchasing it since it's not something you would wear everyday.
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/11/2014 luvtoshopathome said: It's so unfair that people who are not on facebook didn't have the opportunity to purchase this cross. I wàs definitely looking forward to purchasing it but now I guess I'm out of luck. I see the long crystal one will be on Lisa's show but at $229.99, I will not be purchasing it since it's not something you would wear everyday.

I'm sorry you missed out on this item but you do realize that you don't need your own Facebook account to view a public page such as Lisa's QVC page and click on a link posted there?

Even if this had been shown on air with only 1000 available someone would have been disappointed, so I guess I don't see that it matters whether it debuted on FB or here.

The fault lies with QVC's reluctance to order in great quantity.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

Ordered the long in gold, can't wait to get it.