Esteemed Contributor

Fun article about Pandora jewelry

I don't own any Pandora charm bracelets or any of their rings but I always notice that the Pandora store in the mall is full of millennials and teens. Anyway, the U.K. Daily Mail has a fun article about the history of this successful jewelry company:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3982918/A-charming-story-UK-s-popular-jewellery-brand-Pand...

Honored Contributor

Re: Fun article about Pandora jewelry

I have a lot of Pandora charms & bracelets as well faux Pandora (that cost a lot less I might add).  I used to wear my bracelets but honestly, I haven't had any of them on for years. 

Honored Contributor

I like the more traditional link charm bracelets. For some reason I never got into the Pandoras.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I never bought into the Pandora craze or any of the imitators.  The look just never appealed to me and everyone and their mother was wearing the bracelets and collecting the charms....so even if I liked the trend, I would have stayed away from it.  My daughters  were into Pandora when they were in college and in their early 20's.  I bought charms for them for birdays, holidays, major accomplishments. 

Respected Contributor

I also went through a phase of this spurred on by my sister one year. Have at least three bracelets and don't think I have worn them in at least two years.
Honored Contributor

I have three Trollbeads bracelets (the original bead charm bracelet company, I might add) and still wear them.  They are themed, not trendy.  To me they are similar to Victorian slide charm bracelets, which are a classic style.

IMO, Trollbeads are less juvenile looking than many of the Pandora charms.  That's not to say all Pandora charms are juvenile, but they do offer charms geared toward the younger set.  Again, just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

my daughters have pandora necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings.

we were just in the jewelry store yesterday. they are running a special......spend $100 and receive any item of $75 or less for free. we bought a bracelet, a disney charm, and a charm opener. it was a good deal......but i have to say that the supply was really depleted since the holidays began. they are never NOT busy. they said they wont get a shipment in until sometime after the first week of january. i think pandora takes a nice break between christmas and beginning of the new year.

my daughters have christmas bracelets, "life" bracelets,  animal themed bracelet, disney themed bracelet, and travel themed bracelet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I used to have a pandora years ago. Sold it. Too bulky. Last week I visited the new store in my area. Surprised at the fresh new looks in bracelets and charms. I bought a bracelet and on it are three charms. A family tree, one with a celestial theme that represents my daughter and me, and a silver heart containing a photo of my dead son and me. This is all I want or need. The bracelet is comfortable as long as it isn't loaded up. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have three Trollbeads bracelets (the original bead charm bracelet company, I might add) and still wear them.  They are themed, not trendy.  To me they are similar to Victorian slide charm bracelets, which are a classic style.

IMO, Trollbeads are less juvenile looking than many of the Pandora charms.  That's not to say all Pandora charms are juvenile, but they do offer charms geared toward the younger set.  Again, just my opinion.

I have a few Troll bracelets.  The first my husband bought for me when we visited Denmark.  At that time I'd not heard of them.  Later I was told Pandora was an off shoot of Troll.  Something about the family or partners splitting up.

Over the years our Grands have given me many charms so whether or not the bracelets are in style, I do not care.  They love to see me wear them.  I have enough charms and beads that I can color coordinate or use a theme. 

Valued Contributor

Is the Pandora fad as popular as it was a few years back, or is the fad dying down?

I have two Pandora bracelets and I enjoy wearing them. Love the colorful murano beads. But whenever I see a Pandora sale I have to remind myself I don't need anymore. It's terribly addictive.

The sale site Rue La La often has discontinued Pandora on sale.  In fact I think they have a sale going on right now.