Respected Contributor

Friendship Bracelets - Heads Up!

I have purchased two different diamonique friendship bracelets (the adjustable ones) in sterling silver and the chains on both broke about one week into wearing them.  I'm not particularly hard on my jewelry.  So I just wanted everyone to be aware of this possibility when purchasing.  I assume the friendship bracelets in stainless steel will hold up.

Honored Contributor

Re: Friendship Bracelets - Heads Up!

I always thought those bracelets look fragile.  I honestly thought I would get the chain hanging down caught on everything.  sorry yours broke.  Will you be able to return it?  I would call customer service.  Maybe they could do something.  I think they are pretty but I never purchased one because I am hard on jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I own several of those and have never had a problem with the QVC ones.

However, I am about to send back an HSN one that is silver that was a TSV (adjustable).  The slide that moves is too lose and the thing becomes big and falls off.

Respected Contributor

Yellow919, yes I was able to return both as "Defective" and get S&H refunded too.  I won't be buying that style again.

Honored Contributor

I, too, returned the HSN version.  It was very pretty. but would not hold any adjustment.  I returned it as defective.  It's certainly not wearable that way.  I have two others (I love that style!) from QVC and have had zero problems with them thus far.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear that.  To be honest, I've seen presentations and it always looked prpblematic to me.  The chain didn't look too strong.  However, HSN has a real  colored diamond version as the TSV and I noted that their chain is very, very substantial.  I might have bought one, maybe, if they offered a white diamond option.

Honored Contributor

I saw that one on HSN.  It looks a little more substantial.  I think is is kind of pricey.  I am hoping since it is diamonds it would be made substantial and secure.  The reviews should be interesting.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I own several of those and have never had a problem with the QVC ones.

However, I am about to send back an HSN one that is silver that was a TSV (adjustable).  The slide that moves is too lose and the thing becomes big and falls off.

I ordered 14 total for myself and gifts.  No one has had a problem at all.

They have not broken or become loose which would have been a big problem since all gifted have VERY tiny wrists!  That's why I liked them in the first place.

Dainty, delicate, good price and fits small wrists.  They have been a great find for me.

I am SO sorry that happened to you and am glad you got a full refund.

Respected Contributor

Seeing that TSV is what actually prompted me to post this.  Based on my experience with the friendship style in diamonique, I wanted people to be aware of this potentially risky style, especially when investing in diamonds.

@chrystaltree, the white diamonds they used in their earrings were absolutely gray.   Even the champagne diamonds in the bracelet were mismatched and terribly included on the close-up.

Honored Contributor

Hi Sarina, glad you were able to get your money back.  This style of bracelet is not for me.  Glad you posted what happened to you.  I know for a fact that for me it has to be sturdy because I am rough on jewelry.  I cannot wear delicate pieces.  Those pieces on HSN yesterday were so tiny you could hardly see the diamonds.