Super Contributor

For any of you that like Moissanite.

I saw on FB that the Charles and Covard web site is having 15% off of engagement rings until the 21st. I'm not sure if that includes wedding rings too.

It still kind of boggles my mind that they charge so much for man made stones. It's a good option though for anyone who wants the look of diamonds without paying the outrageous prices.

Honored Contributor

Re: For any of you that like Moissanite.

I love my moissanite pieces.  They cost less than diamonds, even lower quality diamonds.  And the shine, sparkle, and color are great.

I've heard people say moissanite has a greenish or other tint to it.  I have pieces dating back to the late 90s, cheap and expensive ones, and none have a color tint to them.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I love my moissanite pieces.  They cost less than diamonds, even lower quality diamonds.  And the shine, sparkle, and color are great.

I've heard people say moissanite has a greenish or other tint to it.  I have pieces dating back to the late 90s, cheap and expensive ones, and none have a color tint to them.

I have one moissainte ring and I love it.  Got it from JTV a couple years ago and it is lovely.  No sign of any tint to it at all.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All my moissanite pieces look better than my wedding set even though I bought high quality loose diamonds. That's why I'm done buying diamonds for major purchases. Even if they were the same price, moissanite is just more beautiful IMO. No tint, no inclusions, super clarity.

~Live with Intention~
Super Contributor

Thank you so much girls. You've given me the courage to try a moissanite piece. I've been afraid to try it because I thought the stones might look gray or dull. I'm a diamond lover too but if I can buy pieces that look as good as diamonds at a fraction of the price that would be wonderful!

Respected Contributor

I was just looking at loose stones to set into an existing ring.  Love Moissanite.

Honored Contributor

Beward of cheap moissanite.  JTV sells only the lowest end, particularly in clad and silver.  My favorite retailer is moissanitecodotcom