Trusted Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

You know, ladies, I watched for fun, but I wasn't tempted with anything, even theoretically.

Something is missing in these diamonds..... I guess we have seen the better stuff before.

I only had time to watch a brief presentation before I ran out the door (on a flex ring). What I noticed in that presentation that the diamond clarity was not mentioned. It used to be Sonia was always S1 or better.
Do the math.
Respected Contributor

I am telling you, MarilG, it is different.....  we did soooo much better before. Yay! 

Sonia said though S, G-H-I .... 

And most of my old stuff is 18K gold.

Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

You know, ladies, I watched for fun, but I wasn't tempted with anything, even theoretically.

Something is missing in these diamonds..... I guess we have seen the better stuff before.

Although I have no idea what quality diamonds Sonia is using (does she ever say?),  it seems to me like her prices are really inflated.   I couldn't believe the price on her little lightweight tourmaline earrings... $900+ with a flimsy,  cheap fish hook ear wire.   On an earring that expensive,  you'd think she could have sprung for a lever back.   That would have been a deal breaker had I been even slightly interested. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Her jewelry looks pretty, but if I am going to spend that much money I am going to a jewelry store to see it in person and try it on.  

Respected Contributor

Did not watch. I am really not too impressed with her designs over the last few years. And, the diamond quality is not up there like it was either. 

I am am glad I bought my pieces when I did. Better quality stones, heavier gold weight, and much much better prices!! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

I am telling you, MarilG, it is different.....  we did soooo much better before. Yay! 

I only started watching Q and the others a few years ago.  I always hear about how nice pieces were years ago.  I guess there were lots of gold pieces even with diamonique and other simulated stones.  I am sure you all cherish those pieces.  I was able to get a black hills gold ring with diamonique from Q about 4 years ago, it may have been longer than that.  So glad I was able to get that piece.  I would love to see more simulated diamonds in gold settings.  Have a nice day ladies.:-)

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

I only started watching Q and the others a few years ago.  I always hear about how nice pieces were years ago.  I guess there were lots of gold pieces even with diamonique and other simulated stones.  I am sure you all cherish those pieces.  I was able to get a black hills gold ring with diamonique from Q about 4 years ago, it may have been longer than that.  So glad I was able to get that piece.  I would love to see more simulated diamonds in gold settings.  Have a nice day ladies.:-)

Thanks yellow! I really enjoyed when Sonia was making her Brilliante line. I picked up some fabulous jewelry that you cannot tell apart from my real pieces.

I am done buying the real things. No need, no extra funds, rather travel, life is short.

But I enjoy watching.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

Although I have no idea what quality diamonds Sonia is using (does she ever say?),  it seems to me like her prices are really inflated.   I couldn't believe the price on her little lightweight tourmaline earrings... $900+ with a flimsy,  cheap fish hook ear wire.   On an earring that expensive,  you'd think she could have sprung for a lever back.   That would have been a deal breaker had I been even slightly interested. 

Sonia is always, always telling her customers what she is using.  She is the one with an impeccable customer service, nobody beats her quality (her gold alloy is Italian made) and her customer treatment. If she has some flimsy earrings that meant she has gotten enough requests from her fans  to make it like this . That is how she operates. The prices are high, but she makes everything in NYC and it aint cheap. I visited her production company. And she is high end with everything she uses,

Iam glad I am not buying at today prices. I have many of her pieces and it is enough.

She was always the most expensive, but my pieces worth every penny. To me...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For Sonia B. Fans!!

[ Edited ]

@SANNA wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

Sonia is always, always telling her customers what she is using.  She is the one with an impeccable customer service, nobody beats her quality (her gold alloy is Italian made) and her customer treatment. If she has some flimsy earrings that meant she has gotten enough requests from her fans  to make it like this . That is how she operates. The prices are high, but she makes everything in NYC and it aint cheap. I visited her production company. And she is high end with everything she uses,

Iam glad I am not buying at today prices. I have many of her pieces and it is enough.

She was always the most expensive, but my pieces worth every penny. To me...

I agree @SANNA!  I'll take Sonia's prices over this:

Atelier 14K Rose Gold 9.36ctw Amethyst and Diamond Ring

$2,899.95

Total Carat Weight:9.36ct
Amethyst:Octagonal (13x8mm), cushion (6mm); 8.46ct; mined in Brazil
Diamond:Round (1mm); 0.9ct
*Call Tyrone*