Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I read someplace that she bought the farm through a family trust (maybe she is part of a family group buying this).  Additionally, I don't trust that what we see on her site is reality (remember the recent black hundreds when she was "fixing" something?  Rings "fake" to me).  Also the gigantic fireplace may or may not be at the "farm"(  go to an event center or a nearby upscale hotel).  I don't see how there could be a meaningful impact from her business towards the purchase of that property.

@patbz.  I’ve seen the inside of the ‘farmhouse’ pictures on the real estate site. The pictures she has posted match the inside. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@patbz wrote:

I read someplace that she bought the farm through a family trust (maybe she is part of a family group buying this).  Additionally, I don't trust that what we see on her site is reality (remember the recent black hundreds when she was "fixing" something?  Rings "fake" to me).  Also the gigantic fireplace may or may not be at the "farm"(  go to an event center or a nearby upscale hotel).  I don't see how there could be a meaningful impact from her business towards the purchase of that property.

@patbz.  I’ve seen the inside of the ‘farmhouse’ pictures on the real estate site. The pictures she has posted match the inside. 

Yep i agree.  Viewed the RE pics this afternoon.  That is the mantel complex room used in several of her more recent videos.  The brown ceiling molding match the,pics as do the builtins on either side of the room and the floor tiles, not to mention the detail in the mantel,

Frequent Contributor

My understanding is the new LLC was formed with her brothers and sister. All who are wealthy and some possible floating her.

Frequent Contributor

The Q can't not be mentioned on her site..ever. I find this offensive and ironic as the Q got her to a nice level in life. Her fave was of course dressing up at the Italian shows. Then, since her rush to leave the Q for LOVE fell apart, she floundered for a year or two. Now, all she can do is sell. She has purchased a villa and replicating those days, except IMO with inferior products or products that can be found elsewhere ..all of her line in some cases up to 70 percent less. I don't think this is what she wants to do really and even thought about shutting it down after the cruise.

Trusted Contributor

@patbz wrote:

No.  It is an LLC.

And the interior shots are the interior of the property the LLC now owns.

Trusted Contributor

@FloridaGold wrote:

The Q can't not be mentioned on her site..ever. I find this offensive and ironic as the Q got her to a nice level in life. Her fave was of course dressing up at the Italian shows. Then, since her rush to leave the Q for LOVE fell apart, she floundered for a year or two. Now, all she can do is sell. She has purchased a villa and replicating those days, except IMO with inferior products or products that can be found elsewhere ..all of her line in some cases up to 70 percent less. I don't think this is what she wants to do really and even thought about shutting it down after the cruise.

That is the case with every show host that has ever appeared on any shopping network.  They cannot mention a previous employer by name.  Technically, Lisa is a competitor of QVC just like Evine or JTV.

When she has mentioned QVC, she did it through gritted teeth though!

Trusted Contributor

@FloridaGold wrote:

My understanding is the new LLC was formed with her brothers and sister. All who are wealthy and some possible floating her.

A $6,700 a month mortgage is a lot to float.  Her siblings did not become wealthy by making stupid financial decisions.

Respected Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@FloridaGold wrote:

A $6,700 a month mortgage is a lot to float.  Her siblings did not become wealthy by making stupid financial decisions.

I think she is going to use this property as the stage for her business.  The house and 36 acres of property gives her a lot of room to be creative.  Depending on any community restrictions she might bring her warehousing there i am guessing.  Maybe she isn’t going to live there.  Has she sold her house?

Super Contributor
I’m not wealthy, but I having a hard time believing that that farm is a sound investment! Unless there is more to come from the fairy tale.
Frequent Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@FloridaGold wrote:

That is the case with every show host that has ever appeared on any shopping network.  They cannot mention a previous employer by name.  Technically, Lisa is a competitor of QVC just like Evine or JTV.

When she has mentioned QVC, she did it through gritted teeth though!

I have heard some talk glowingly about the Q. A few that come to mind are Dan W, Kathy L , Judoy C, Lisa M. And others. It is a LR thing IMO. Lot of hostility near the end of her reign with powers to be. The night she announced she was leaving the Q she was livid. Out if breath, shaking. Remember? All was not as it seemed then and now. A challenge to work with and for.