Frequent Contributor

I don't knowthe amount of their mortgage.

If what you say is true, then she must be doing okay. Better than I thought. Or she is burning through her savings. I think she has to be getting help from somewhere.

It appears the LLC is one brother, one sister..so it is what is is..sound or not.

Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@FloridaGold wrote:

My understanding is the new LLC was formed with her brothers and sister. All who are wealthy and some possible floating her.

A $6,700 a month mortgage is a lot to float.  Her siblings did not become wealthy by making stupid financial decisions.

I think she is going to use this property as the stage for her business.  The house and 36 acres of property gives her a lot of room to be creative.  Depending on any community restrictions she might bring her warehousing there i am guessing.  Maybe she isn’t going to live there.  Has she sold her house?

Not yet.

My guess is a bed and breakfast.  It would be ideal for that.

She has a small internet retail business, not an empire.  She does not need room and ridiculous expenses.  She currently uses a fulfillment center to send out her orders.  If she warehoused all of her stock, that would mean she would have to fill the orders herself.  I don't see that happening.

Trusted Contributor

@FloridaGold wrote:

If what you say is true, then she must be doing okay. Better than I thought. Or she is burning through her savings. I think she has to be getting help from somewhere.

It appears the LLC is one brother, one sister..so it is what is is..sound or not.

Why do you say it has to be more than one person?  An LLC can be one person.

Go to her website.  Her things are not moving.  Who would throw money at this? Anyone with money is not that frivolous.

Frequent Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@FloridaGold wrote:

Why do you say it has to be more than one person?  An LLC can be one person.

Go to her website.  Her things are not moving.  Who would throw money at this? Anyone with money is not that frivolous.

Hum, I don't the nk I said it HAS to be. Of course it "can" be one. Anyway, I need to shush myself up and said to much.

Frequent Contributor

*think

Respected Contributor

Imagine Johnny will check back in on us real soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

The thing is u could wear one of those expensive hollywood even gowns and put that necklace on and people would think u spent 30000 dollars on that necklace. It's so rich looking and is a statement piece. I hope Lisa gets more back because it flew out the door

Did you get one?  Would love a picture with you wearing it.

Super Contributor

I am not a fan by any means.  I  am doubtful she uses her so called savings.   I am sure she has a major stock/investment portfoli with major dividends, etc. rolling in.    She may have this business as a source for tax write off so she doesn't have to pay a lot of taxes.   I'm sure she is not burning through her money.   

Issues with items s- yes.  Lack of standing behind the items she sells - yes.  But by no means is she going broke.  If she was, she would have closed shop a lot time ago and traveled on to her next adventure.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Florentine Fabulosa

[ Edited ]

@Sadie45 wrote:

I am not a fan by any means.  I  am doubtful she uses her so called savings.   I am sure she has a major stock/investment portfoli with major dividends, etc. rolling in.    She may have this business as a source for tax write off so she doesn't have to pay a lot of taxes.   I'm sure she is not burning through her money.   

Issues with items s- yes.  Lack of standing behind the items she sells - yes.  But by no means is she going broke.  If she was, she would have closed shop a lot time ago and traveled on to her next adventure.  

People forget that at the beginning she did not earn what she made at the end.

Back in the day, the starting salary was low.  Read Kathy's book to see what her starting wage was.  QVC offered her less than she was making in convention sales at a hotel.  Some love to romance the situation into what fits their fantasy.

People also forget that you cannot:

1. earn money
  2. pay taxes on that money
  3. save or invest that money
  4. spend that money
  5. still have all of that money

Any amount earned is a finite amount.  You can only cut the pie into so many pieces.

Some also like to forget that if it was not for Suze Orman and her free advice, Lisa would not have what she does.

People conveniently forget that this so-called businesswoman was in debt up to her eyeballs when Suze jumped in to help her and yes, that is a fact.

On the air, Suze's exact words were that Lisa "could not afford food after she paid her bills for the month".

Yeah, we all make mistakes.  Lots of people do not have experience in handling money.  Many get into huge credit card debt and in Lisa's case, that was what happened.

Still, I have to wonder about the reasons behind the huge purchase and taking on a huge debt. If Suze's principles helped in the past, I do not think they are being applied now.

You claim she is "not going broke" but her sales are flat.  The Christmas stuff is not moving.  She "brings back" supposedly popular items but those are returns.  She buys in small quantities and the advance orders are a joke.  She needs that advance money in hand in order to buy the product!

When you just do some rough math, property taxes times three, insurance times three and now a big mortgage plus utilities, car expense, etc.?  What about paying for the fulfillment center?  Paying the people that help her?

That's a lot of cash to cough up each and every month.  I am not seeing it.