Honored Contributor

First time seeing Montanna Sapphires

Where?  On Gem Shopping of course.  The color is pale blue with a little bit of green.  They were groups of the stones, not a solitaire. I think it was a little over 1/2 carat. They wanted $1,700.00 for them.  They were in bottom colored gems wheel.  Nice looking,  but lightly colored.  The rest of the ring  were diamonds and 18K white gold.  So a lot of the money was because of the metal and diamonds.  North America and middle America are not blessed with a wide variety of color gemstones.  Sapphires appear in the Carolina's too.  I've never seen those though. The saturated sapphires are usually in Asia. 

Honored Contributor

Re: First time seeing Montanna Sapphires

Montana Sapphires Direct | Green Lake Jewelry Works

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@songbird   I've always liked Montana sapphires too.  I've never seen them in any colors other than the traditional cornflower blue or green though.

@Desertdi   Thanks for the beautiful pic!

Esteemed Contributor

I saw them on ShopHQ as well.

A pair of sapphire studs surrounded by diamonds set in 14k . On sale $2,400. 😟

I'm not much of a jewelry maven but these really talk to me.

@Desertdi  thank you for the pic ! 🥰

Honored Contributor

@cheriere @Desertdi   I can see the appeal for them.  I prefer more saturated color, be in light or dark.  It was novelty to me never seeing them before.  Groups of stones are a lot cheaper then solitaires.  But solitaires are where the money is in value. The prettiest sapphire I saw was gorgeous (and i mean gorgeous) orange sapphire.  That solitire was $39,000.00

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I saw them on ShopHQ as well.

A pair of sapphire studs surrounded by diamonds set in 14k . On sale $2,400. 😟

I'm not much of a jewelry maven but these really talk to me.

@Desertdi  thank you for the pic ! 🥰

Any stone ofn Gem Shopping speaks to me!  A heck of lot better then QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy Gem Shopping is usually filled with men as hosts.  It was rare to get a women there.  But now they have one.  She was great host.  I eally enjoyed that show.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird   Check out the Montana sapphire on ShopLC.  They may not have any listed right now, but you can't beat their prices.  They sell to all the other jewelry shopping channels too.

I gave the nicest sapphire I ever owned, a blue Burmese to my lifelong best friend as a Christmas gift one year.  It's about a .40 solitaire trillion cut pendant and necklace.  For every 100 Burmese rubies they find one sapphire.  Neither of us had siblings and we've been friends since birth lol.  She's been there for me through A LOT of things and I wanted to give her something nice.  It's her birthstone.  She's not into jewelry as much as I am.  I tried to convey how rare it was without sounding like I didn't really want to give it away or something.  I just hope she really liked it.

Honored Contributor

@cheriere  Sapphires are my only love of colored gem stones.  I just like corundum.  So it's rubies and blue and fancy sapphires.  Sapphires are like in every kind of color.  Just every color in the rainbow.  They are a lot cheaper in silver, but I don't care that much for silver unless they covered in Rhodium.  Most of mine are blues as in solitaires.  I got most of mine are through Gem Shopping. One in a jewelry store and a couple through TVON.  The others are rubies and yellow and pink sapphires.  They are only solitaires. Most are in 18K and two are in platinum. 

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird    I love sapphires too.  The last one I purchased was a natural hot pink from Madagascar.  It needs to be cleaned.

IMG_0100.jpeg