Honored Contributor

@software.  You will never buy high quality turquoise from a TV shopping channel.  I'm very picky about turquoise.  I buy Jay King's "Mine Finds" occasionally but never his turquoise.  Same with Paul Deasy, Carolyn Pollack and others.  I used to find a lot on eBay from the old, now defunct mines known for their fine quality, but that source has now dried up so I don't buy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I only buy from their Southwest line and Bali line. Have never been disappointed. 

Honored Contributor

JTV is known for carrying lower end, questionable quality gems.  Sometimes you can find a nice piece but most of the time, not.

Honored Contributor

I completely agree, the days of owning quality turquoise at a reasonable price are over.

@Kachina624

Honored Contributor

Omg.  That's awful.  I don't buy their turquoise anymore because those big stones look they are reconstituted turq and I won't pay JTV prices for that.  Seeing those scratches, I'm sure I was right about that.  Nothing wrong with reconstituted turquoise but they should make that clear to the customer.  JTV has come down, they are not the company they were a few years ago.  I think as ShopLC gets better and better, they take customers away from JTV.  My friend calls JTV the cubic zirconia channel because it seems to be on almost all the time now.  Having said that, I acually do love their Bella Luce.   

Honored Contributor

Re: First & last purchase

[ Edited ]

I don't think that's a crack. Think it's just part of the stone. I'd take it into a jeweler and ask him.

@software

Honored Contributor

Re: First & last purchase

[ Edited ]

It may not be a crack but it is most definitely a deep scratch.

The entire top of the stone is scratched.

When I first looked at it, I thought there might be something sticky on it that I could remove with a fingernail, until my fingernail got gently stuck in the scratch/crack.

It was not polished properly, I'm concerned about the entire integrity of the stone.   I don't want to keep it past my 30 days for it to crack entirely and fall out of the setting.

@SharkE wrote:

I don't think that's a crack. Think it's just part of the stone. I'd take it into a jeweler and ask him.

@software

Honored Contributor

I've bought a few items from JTV and returned all but one moissonite ring for poor quality.I no longer even look at that channel.

Regular Contributor

It definitley looks like a fracture to me. I would call CS and have them pay for the return.

Turquoise is not as "hardy" as it looks. I don't know how they could send you the ring in that condition.

Honored Contributor

Crack or scratch is just semantics.  It shouldn't be there.  It's reconstituted turquoise so it's the flaw happened during that process.  They should have caught it and not sold that piece.  You should send it back because it's visable and likely to get worse over time.