New Contributor

Faith in returners

[ Edited ]

I am writing this on the Jewelry forum because it involves a Judith Ripka piece, but I guess it can be applied to any item purchased to QVC.

Recently. I ordered a JR bracelet that I really wanted and was sitting on my wish list since forever ago. Since the item is now on clearance price, my biggest fear was getting a return that was visibly used, scratched or broken (it has happened before with a charm bracelet that arrived broken and missing one of the 3 charms).

To my surprise, inside the usual beautiful green JR box I found some ugly gray glass beads with a wire no-precious-metal clasp!

It makes me wonder whether people are filling up original packaging with cheap stuff just to weigh down the bag in return for a full refund while keeping the more expensive pieces. Is CS so “reliable” in not checking the content of the returned boxes and then the following orders that this type of scamming actually works?

Respected Contributor

I always thought that returned items were resold as "as is", not clearance.  I have purchased many clearance jewelry items over the past 30 years and I've never been disappointed.  I never buy "as is", I never will.  Perhaps someone in shipping or in the wharehouse switched out the items.  The "why" doesn't even matter.  You didn't get what you ordered, return it. 

Occasional Contributor

I have been lucky enough not to have gotten anything that was a problem, I have gotten returns but nothing was wrong with the items so I have no problem about that.    I am not really surprised that you received an return from someone who might have switched the item.   How would some of these people checking really know if certain returns are really the item or somehing else just by looking at it  The point is that the return items are going back out as a resale -  QVC should be checking the item carefully to be sure it is actually the item you ordered and shows no sign of damage before it is sent out to another customer.

New Contributor

I totally agree that clearace price items should be new, not returns and not as is. Sadly, aside from the broken charm bracelet, I have received other things that looked like returns. I have ordered two identical silver black spinel bracelets and one came new and shiny and the other scratched and oxidized (clearly worn to the max before returning). The difference between the two was clear!

QVC has always refunded promtly, but it would be so much easier and cheaper and time saving for everybody if they will simply check the boxes. Now, I have to wait so many business days for my return to go back and then another 7-10 business days until my new item comes to me. If I am lucky to be in stock...

Glad to hear you ladies have better luck!