Respected Contributor

Re: Face masks and stud earrings

I have been wearing my Comfy earrings because they have a flat back. The back twists on , can't say sc*** on. Love them and you can sleep in them too.  I ordered from their website. Great customer service.

Respected Contributor

ComfyEarrings CZ Crystal Bezel Stud Earrings

Here is a picture of the Comfy earrings.

Respected Contributor

It happen to me two weeks ago. I had my small gold hoop earrings in when I left the house. After going to the store and wearing my mask I lost one. Didn't know until I got home.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you alerted everyone to this!   I noticed a woman the last time I was out -- she had on a lovely pair of what appeared to be diamond studs and the elastics of the mask she was wearing were pulling on her earrings and appeared to be pulling them loose.  Even though I hate going out without earrings, I decided not to bother with them since having to wear a mask -- one less thing to worry about!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

My earring studs have been fine, it's the dangly ones I seem to be having a problem with.

They get stuck on the ear loops when putting the mask on and taking it off.  Studs are not a problem, I just make sure the backs are on nice and snug.

Honored Contributor

After waiting for the Sonia Britton diamond huggies to go on sale, I purchased a pair in white gold.  Already have the yellow and love them.  But since my hair now has what I'll call *cool tones*, gray, thought I'd go with the WG.

Too afraid to wear them.  And wondering when I'll be able to wear them.  This year?  Next year some time?  I mean when will I ever be able to wear them at home when entertaining? 

I'm not one to wear jewelry when just around the house.

Respected Contributor

I always wear the little clear plastic backs on my earrings. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I lost a hoop earring when I took off my mask. I had adjusted the mask several times, so I thought it could have come off at any time. 

I was pretty upset as it was a 14K Eterna Gold wedding band style that I loved. I retraced my steps and could not find it. But later when I took off the cardigan sweater I was wearing, I found it in the pocket! It must have come off exactly as I was taking the mask off and put the mask in the pocket of the sweater.

Now I only wear lever back earrings when I wear a mask, 

Honored Contributor

I wear leverbacks most of the time and studs on occasion and haven't had any issues with masks.  

Esteemed Contributor

I found that huggies seem to work the best for me. The studs and hoops are a "no" for me.