Respected Contributor

Re: Eye Test for Turquoise Lovers

@Kachina624 

I love it when you bring up turquoise my favorite subject lol.  This is one of my favorite blue green and matrix stonesqc.jpg.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

banana looks more like blue lapis

@SharkE    It's Tydee Bowl Toilet Cleaner blue.  Did you know that stuff is used to dye white howlite and it is then sold as turquoise?  Howlite is worthless. 

Jackie Kennedy had some, though, that man that hawks her reproductions said she had either a bracelet or necklace of howlite.

@SharkE    I remember that well.  I had an email chat with that man who sold her jewelry.  Neither of us could figure why she was give such a worthless stone unless they counted on her not knowing what it was.  It was a necklace.  It was actually quite pretty.  They still sold it for a long time at the gift shop at the JFK Library. 

Me and Jackie sometimes lower ourselves to fashion jewelry ROFL

I got 2 new bracelets when I was in Lubbock at Brighton, did the Vera Bradley outlet, jewelry store on the mall there. Hit Dillards just to see what they had compared to Amarillo. Lubbock, is in dire straits. Nobody is working down there. Long John Silvers is closed, we go across the street (50th) to KFC one man was there and said nobody will work any more he 's just working the drive thru, people had quit,

he was by himself and didn't want walk-ins, people are collecting Gov. money and are content. We had to go to the Mall and stand in line at Chick fillet just to eat something.  Love that new HEB store wish Amarillo had one.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    Hotel "gift shops" have a 600% mark-up.   I got that info from the horse's mouth....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@rockygems123    That's a very unusual stone.  I can't identify the source and wonder if it could be varicite.  The setting is very pretty too. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE    I used to really enjoy shopping at that mall in Lubbock.  I bought my car from a dealer near the mall.  I'd take it for servicing, have them drop me off at the mall and I'd shop until it was ready.  It used to be mobbed on Saturdays with farmers in town for the day.  Did you find anything at Dillard's? 

We hear at lot from employers here about them not being able to find people willing to work.  This is the result of our recent, overly generous giveaway programs.  It all ends in September so there will be a surge of people returning to work.

We had an HEB store in Midland.  It was a very nice place to shop.  Wish it was here. 

Honored Contributor

got that ring, long patio dress (lounge dress), shadow line gown, dark green  pull on jeans (alison daley). We just spent the day and came home.

they had a BBQ place inside of HEB ate there.

HEB is really nice, they could blow out United around here. LOL

Honored Contributor

LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Necklace.png@Kachina624 Here is my turquoise cross from Italy.  It was even blessed at the Vatican which makes it extra special for me.

Honored Contributor

Oh, @nova  your cross is just beautiful.  It may be the the prettiest cross I ever saw.  I wonder if the turquoise is Sleeping Beauty?  Looks like it. Do you wear it often? 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   Thank you!  I honestly don't know if it's Sleeping Beauty but it looks like it to me too.  I happen to have several different crosses and rotate wearing them so yes I do wear that quite often.  I am honestly not a "blue" person EXCEPT for turquoise.  It's the only shade of blue I gravitate to wearing.  The cross looks pretty with whatever color I wear.  I have one little granddaughter & she will get this someday.