Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 70,302
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Eye Test for Turquoise Lovers

@songbird    Green turquoise. 

 

Screenshot_20210426-161450_Chrome.jpg

 

Screenshot_20210426-161940_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,000
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Eye Test for Turquoise Lovers

I have a good collection of NA jewelry--some VERY old.  I have a lot of the Hopi pieces, and turquoise too--my favorite might be Old Number 8 (was it 8?)!  It is so pretty.

 

I have a 14-kt white gold ring with Persian turquoise that my mom had.  And a string of the old hand made silver beads--the ones made in two parts. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,391
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Eye Test for Turquoise Lovers

@Kachina624   I love turquoise blue or green.  My ancestry heritage is Italian and I have from Italy an 18k gold cross with turquoise and diamond accents.  It's stunning.  I have always lived in either NY or NJ and do not have the access you have to Native American craft shops.  My husband travelled for work one time out west and brought me home a beautiful and heavy silver bangle with turquoise and lapis.  I appreciate the beauty of all gems.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 70,302
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Eye Test for Turquoise Lovers


@SharkE wrote:

banana looks more like blue lapis


 

 

@SharkE    It's Tydee Bowl Toilet Cleaner blue.  Did you know that stuff is used to dye white howlite and it is then sold as turquoise?  Howlite is worthless. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 70,302
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Eye Test for Turquoise Lovers

 


@songbird wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@songbird   Turquoise comes in many shades of blue AND green. 


The turquoise that was mentioned was by a designer that started with letter M.  Famous and the turquoise was rare with "zap" feature when you look at it (it was a bracelet) This was years ago & a library book, but I still remember it.  The character kept in in a safe.


@songbird    I think your book was strickly fiction. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 70,302
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Eye Test for Turquoise Lovers

 


@nova wrote:

@Kachina624   I love turquoise blue or green.  My ancestry heritage is Italian and I have from Italy an 18k gold cross with turquoise and diamond accents.  It's stunning.  I have always lived in either NY or NJ and do not have the access you have to Native American craft shops.  My husband travelled for work one time out west and brought me home a beautiful and heavy silver bangle with turquoise and lapis.  I appreciate the beauty of all gems.


@nova    Thankfully with online shopping, everyone now has access to Southwest crafts.  Would love to see a picture of your  gold cross. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 70,302
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Eye Test for Turquoise Lovers

 


@Sooner wrote:

I have a good collection of NA jewelry--some VERY old.  I have a lot of the Hopi pieces, and turquoise too--my favorite might be Old Number 8 (was it 8?)!  It is so pretty.

 

I have a 14-kt white gold ring with Persian turquoise that my mom had.  And a string of the old hand made silver beads--the ones made in two parts. 


@Sooner   Yes, it's #8. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,391
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Eye Test for Turquoise Lovers

@Kachina624  If I can figure out how to post a picture I sure will!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,473
Registered: ‎08-19-2010

Re: Eye Test for Turquoise Lovers


@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

banana looks more like blue lapis


 

 

@SharkE    It's Tydee Bowl Toilet Cleaner blue.  Did you know that stuff is used to dye white howlite and it is then sold as turquoise?  Howlite is worthless. 


Jackie Kennedy had some, though, that man that hawks her reproductions said she had either a bracelet or necklace of howlite.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 70,302
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Eye Test for Turquoise Lovers

 


@SharkE wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

banana looks more like blue lapis


 

 

@SharkE    It's Tydee Bowl Toilet Cleaner blue.  Did you know that stuff is used to dye white howlite and it is then sold as turquoise?  Howlite is worthless. 


Jackie Kennedy had some, though, that man that hawks her reproductions said she had either a bracelet or necklace of howlite.


@SharkE    I remember that well.  I had an email chat with that man who sold her jewelry.  Neither of us could figure why she was give such a worthless stone unless they counted on her not knowing what it was.  It was a necklace.  It was actually quite pretty.  They still sold it for a long time at the gift shop at the JFK Library. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment