Respected Contributor

He seems ok guy with a very bad taste and low standards in jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Paul is the one that got me buying jewelry way back in 199?  Our area didn't have cable then and HSN was carried by our CBS affiliate only in the middle of the night.  That's when he was on, soothing me through hours and hours of insomnia.  He has made the rounds of all three channels and I've followed him, and  several others, ever since. 

Respected Contributor

he's a good BSr.  He had a TS on HSN many years ago, maybe 15 or so?   sapphire rings in an estate setting in silver or vermeil.   there was  a matching suite of sapphire pieces.  i ordered a ring but something about it nagged at me to cancel .    the reviews were dreadful !!! almost all goose eggs. the settings were so thin they bent easily.    not long after that debacle he was gone from HSN

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BklynKinsey wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

What a hoot to listen to him.  He's always sharing a secret he shouldn't be telling us.  LOL.  He's brought "us" a new find to share and you can only get in on Evine.  Carico Lake turquoise.  Get it now because at some point his connections will be wanting to share with others so get it before it runs out!!!!

I watched Evine and Paul D. last night.  The new "find" he was speaking of was not Carico Lake turquoise.  It's something called Sonora Beauty turquoise.  "Sonora Beauty Turquoise is a natural turquoise from the state of Sonora, Mexico. It undergoes a proprietary treatment process which adds dye to enhance the color and remove any visible matrix, and then compresses the stone. Like most turquoise in the world, it has been stabilized."  It looks very much like Sleeping Beauty turquoise.  Right now it is only available on Evine.

The stones Paul brings to Evine are horrid quality.  Who want turquoise that has been pulverized, dyed, compressed and glued back together?  Apparently he thinks his audience is comprised of idiots.  That stuff couldn't be more worthless if it came from K-Mart.

The Calico Lake he had was unrecognizable as such.  It's usually a yellowish green color with brown matrix.  I have a bracelet with 3 large stones and I think it's ugly.  Never wear it.

Somebody yesterday evening showed a Morenci piece which was pale aqua with no matrix.  I've never seen Morenci look like that.  What I've seen always has matrix and particles of pyrite which look like gold.

He's selling junk stones, on the market because nobody else wants them.  I wouldn't trust anything he says.  Bag of wind.

OMG, I caught some of his show the other night and it seemed to me to be nothing but cheap ugly kwap, kwap, kwap that he was trying to convince people was "special" but was clearly dregs of dregs. He really thinks his audience is stupid. Never liked him, never had much use for Judy either. But the "special" turquoise? HECK no!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

EYE candy??  YUCK, YUCK,YUCK.  He is a legend in his own mind.

Regular Contributor

Wow.  I think Evine,  in just about every category is so so tacky.  I don't trust any of their jewelry "stars."

Esteemed Contributor

@maggi the cat wrote:

Wow.  I think Evine,  in just about every category is so so tacky.  I don't trust any of their jewelry "stars."

@maggi the cat  That so so tacky jewelry I purchase from Evine gives me so many compliments.  Thank goodness for so so tacky jewelry!!  

Regular Contributor

I didn't mean anything personally about you.  I have my own opinion, to which I'm entitled. It isn't all about you.

Honored Contributor

He seems to be knowledgeable about the jewelry industry but he is just arrogant to me.  I do not like or dislike him he just seems to be full of himself.  But some like him a great deal the way I like other hosts or vendors.  Nice to have choices and opinions.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Evine's Paul D.

[ Edited ]

@maggi the cat wrote:

I didn't mean anything personally about you.  I have my own opinion, to which I'm entitled. It isn't all about you.

@maggi the cat  Yes you are entitled to your opinion.  There's a way of showing negativity without being rude.  There's a lot of jewelry lines I don't care for, but I have the manners to just don:t post.  I think your manners need a bit more polishing.