Honored Contributor

Evine gold shows today

[ Edited ]

They were excellent.  For 18K, they had Viale (an Italian company) with mostly semi solid offerings.  They were high (we're talking 75% gold) but good deals too.  Most were 25%-30% sale.  I got a tri color ring (5 grams on the ring) Not electroform.  Here is a picture

I got an initial pendant also.  I wanted some of the bracelets, but I got some 14K gold earlier through QVC's gold show. So I couldn't. They also had Sefano's gold show (14K) which was pretty nice too.  Yesterday and most of today.  they also had the Voga collection.  Also 18K but most of it was electraform.  Gorgeous pieces.  Loved the dangle bees charm bracelet'

They also had a bead bracelet in 18K.  Remember I got the semi solid bead brcacelet from QVC.  This one was in electraform with dangling beads.    Still beautiful.  The electraform was not with resin inside.  Just the old style that is mostly hollow. This company makes very well made hollow pieces.

Honored Contributor

@songbird 

You struck gold this week 😊

Beautiful jewelry and a keen eye for details. 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@songbird 

I LOVE gold.  Especially 18K.  That's really my gold. I'm Italian.   It took me a long time to accept 14K.  But now I wear it.  I can still tell the difference (in touch) I will never wear 10K though.  I have to say EVINE has good gold.  Better, I think then QVC in price.  Still not as wonderful as when they were ShopNBC.  Those were the gloy years when a 32 gram 18K Omega only cost $400.00 (one troy ounce) Really $397.00. Yes, I purchased a lot of gold the other day and today. The ring was from my husband for Mother's Day though. 

Honored Contributor

Evine is bringing in lots of basic chains in all gram weights.  I just wish they'd bring in more rose gold chains.  

However, most of the the time, you can get quality gold chains at sarraf dot com for less.  Their customer service is great and I've never had a problem with anything purchased from them.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird   Enjoy your new 'gold' pieces especially that bee bracelet. I watched some of the shows too. Love the bees.

Last year evine sold in sterling a bee pendant. I HAD to have it for myself and bought my sister one for her birthday which she received last month. She loves it as much as I do. After all, we ARE QUEEN BEES! 

And now you are one too!

Ms Albany who represents the Italian Viale line does a great job too. She's certainly done well for herself after leaving the Q. Folks here didn't really enjoy her but I did and still do. She's lovely I think AND she gets to spend A LOT of time in Italy. Yes I'm envious!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@songbird 

I LOVE gold.  Especially 18K.  That's really my gold. I'm Italian.   It took me a long time to accept 14K.  But now I wear it.  I can still tell the difference (in touch) I will never wear 10K though.  I have to say EVINE has good gold.  Better, I think then QVC in price.  Still not as wonderful as when they were ShopNBC.  Those were the gloy years when a 32 gram 18K Omega only cost $400.00 (one troy ounce) Really $397.00. Yes, I purchased a lot of gold the other day and today. The ring was from my husband for Mother's Day though. 

Hi @songbird  ... I am also Italian!  I agree with you... 18K gold is my absolute favorite.  However I do have lots of 14K gold pieces.  But like you I will not purchase any 10K gold.  As far as I'm concerned that isn't gold at all... just alloys with a little gold mixed in. LOL.

Honored Contributor

Re: Evine gold shows today

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@songbird 

Hi @songbird  ... I am also Italian!  I agree with you... 18K gold is my absolute favorite.  However I do have lots of 14K gold pieces.  But like you I will not purchase any 10K gold.  As far as I'm concerned that isn't gold at all... just alloys with a little gold mixed in. LOL.

I came here when I was 8.  I was born in Milano.  My mother's first experience with 14k was when we came to the U.S.  When she looked at the gold, she wondered why it was so pale. When the jeweler explained it was only 58% gold, she was horrified, LOL.  Needless to say, she just kept buying 18K here. By the time I was in my 20's or so, 14K color changed closer to the 18K.  Don't know how they did it, but they did.  The feel was still different.  18K is of course is dense.  And 14K white/rose is still different color. Then when gold went through the roof, well I had to start buying 14K.  Interesting when I was in the UK, they only had 18K or 9K.  Lots of people don't like 10K and some jewelry stores will not sell it.  But some do like it (lke JTV)  10K prices are now like what 14K used to sell for.  Because gold still goes up and up, 10K is more acceptable.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@songbirdYour ring is stunning.  They still have my size available.  I am so tempted.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@songbird 

I came here when I was 8.  I was born in Milano.  My mother's first experience with 14k was when we came to the U.S.  When she looked at the gold, she wondered why it was so pale. When the jeweler explained it was only 58% gold, she was horrified, LOL.  Needless to say, she just kept buying 18K here. By the time I was in my 20's or so, 14K color changed closer to the 18K.  Don't know how they did it, but they did.  The feel was still different.  18K is of course is dense.  And 14K white/rose is still different color. Then when gold went through the roof, well I had to start buying 14K.  Interesting when I was in the UK, they only had 18K or 9K.  Lots of people don't like 10K and some jewelry stores will not sell it.  But some do like it (lke JTV)  10K prices are now like what 14K used to sell for.  Because gold still goes up and up, 10K is more acceptable.

Hi @songbird  ... I was born here in the USA.  But both my parents were born in Italy .... in the Marche.  I remember when we used to go to Italy my Mom would tell me that everyone seeing my 14k gold pieces would think they were costume pieces. LOL  I still have so many beautiful, heavy pieces of 18K gold jewelry  that belonged to my mother.... and were purchased in Italy back in the 50' and 60's.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector 

LOL.  You're on the Adriatic!  Ancona?   My brother was born in Trani,  That's near Bari.  My parents were all over Italy.  One sister was born in Arezzo (Tuscany)