Honored Contributor

Most of the day today were gold shows.  Ranging from 18K to Stephano 14K shows.  The prices were OK for the 14K shows.  Decent amount for the money they charged.  18K not so good with almost all hollow (yes with resin) with prices over $1,00.00.  Gem Shopping network had the bargains with all gold 14K & 18K.  Bracelets around the $1,000.00 mark with grams weights over 14grams.  there was a 20gram bracelet that went for 1,200.00.  Under 14grams around $950.00.  But some were 18K.  So that definitely was a bargain.  Solid stuff too.  No electraform.

Honored Contributor

Re: Evine and their gold shows

[ Edited ]

@songbird  I used to love the 24 K gold show (Lambert Chang).  Many years ago I bought a pair of 24K earrings engraved with a phoenix bird and a small red agate above the circular phoenix bird....they have become my signature earrings.  What I see today is less substantial for more money(the wedding bangle is not the same), but still some lovely pieces.

Respected Contributor

the detail, design and craftsmanship of some of the 24k pieces were amazing - i suspect only a handful of pieces of each was created. a nice change from boiler plate jewelry which is computer-designed and mass-produced.

Honored Contributor

I paid 29.95 or so for the solid 24kt gold studs from Lambert Chang years ago that Evine is selling for almost 400 dollars these days.I would never spend that kind of money for small stud earring.

Honored Contributor

I have as much gold as I actually wear these days and got it all when the gold prices were in the few hundreds---sold most of the bigger stuff for a ton of $$---but I like to watch these gold shows just to see what is what. 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I have as much gold as I actually wear these days and got it all when the gold prices were in the few hundreds---sold most of the bigger stuff for a ton of $$---but I like to watch these gold shows just to see what is what. 

@wagirl    You and I must have been shopping at the same time!  I also purchased all my heavy gold pieces at  $100 a gram and less... many of my pieces weighed 90 plus grams!  I

sold most of it in 2013 and made over $15,000 dollars.  Just a month ago I sold some more and made another $3,000.  I still have plenty left.. some of the pieces I actually wear occationally.  The Italian gold of 15 plus years ago was AMAZING.  I bought most of it on Valuvision/ Shop nbc. 

Honored Contributor

seamaiden--Wow you made way more than I did re -selling the gold. I never bought substantial pieces of gold back in the day, just small things like a few bracelets, chains and mostly earrings but made prob $5000 +/- and still have a few things. If we knew then what we know now, right??!!!