Honored Contributor

Re: Evine and Invicta

[ Edited ]

Although most days I'm at home and don't go out, you'll never catch me without a watch on my wrist.  I feel naked without one.  Most of mine are fairly large, about 38-40mm. The make the Baby Lupah look small; if I wear a Lupah it's either a Lady Lupah or Lupah Revolution, both larger than the Baby.

There are many men who collect those huge watches.  They have dozens of them.  Listen to a few of the phone calls they take during the shows.

Here's what's on my wrist today.  Heavy stainless with ceramic inserts.  Full cut diamonds around the bezel. 

20170328_153231.jpg

To me, the ultimate inconvenience would be having to pull out a cell phone everytime you wanted to check the time, especially since I leave mine turned off.

The look of a cell phone will never exceed that of a cool watch no matter how gaudy and glitzy the case.  

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I have a baby Lupah and an Angel watch both of which came with multiple straps in different colors.  (bonus: straps fit both styles of watch).   I love to color coordinate my outfits.  I do prefer the style and comfort of the Angel but the Lupah gets equal time.

For a long time I thought ShopNBC/Evine only sold watches.  That is all I saw when I was channel surfing.  I didn't stop to shop.  I stopped in my tracks when I found Skinn.  I rarely watch the watch shows but do check Evine.com occasionally. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Although most days I'm at home and don't go out, you'll never catch me without a watch on my wrist.  I feel naked without one.  Most of mine are fairly large, about 38-40mm. The make the Baby Lupah look small; if I wear a Lupah it's either a Lady Lupah or Lupah Revolution, both larger than the Baby.

There are many men who collect those huge watches.  They have dozens of them.  Listen to a few of the phone calls they take during the shows.

Here's what's on my wrist today.  Heavy stainless with ceramic inserts.  Full cut diamonds around the bezel. 

20170328_153231.jpg

To me, the ultimate inconvenience would be having to pull out a cell phone everytime you wanted to check the time, especially since I leave mine turned off.

The look of a cell phone will never exceed that of a cool watch no matter how gaudy and glitzy the case.  

@Kachina624, I think this depends on your age and region too.  Where I live everyone sits with those phones as if they would die without them.  I kid you not.  

Doctor's appointment yesterday couple there together (both staring at their phones).  Down at the other side of the waiting room everyone else staring at their phones and one in a full on loud conversation.  The younger set don't wear watches where I live.

I personally don't wear a watch but it's not because I prefer to use my cell phone.  It's because I don't wear a watch......

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

Who are these people who are buying and wearing these huge watches?  I hardly ever see anyone around here even wearing a watch anymore.

The only time I wear one is when I go jogging or riding my bike so I can see when I need to turn around and go home!  Even then, I just wear the smallest watch I can find to fit my tiny wrist.

I told someone not long ago that watches are going out of style.  People accessorize with their cell phones.  They wear them instead of a clutch and the clock is right there.  

Believe it or not there are many people who are still not permanently attached to their cell phones. I usually have one somewhere in a small purse but I don't want to go digging for it just to find out what time it is - and it's usually not turned on anyway. I always wear a watch when I go out. And I don't think there would be hours of watch programs if they weren't selling.

@froggy, I agree.  I'm certainly not one of the ones permanently attached to their cell phone.  I use my phone to make calls.  Despite the fact that where I live, most folk don't wear watches and rely on their cell phones for telling time is just indicative of their desire not to wear a watch.  

I wear a watch all the time.  I have purchased several from Invicta and yes I do have a baby lupah.  I am not going to pull out a cell phone everytime I want to know the time.  I even have a bigger watch that I wear with jeans.  I have to admit until I started watching the Invicta shows I would wear the same watch all the time. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Evine and Invicta

[ Edited ]

Cell phones!  Everyone at the office building is staring down at their phones the entire time they are in the elevator - except me.  Everyone staring at them everywhere in restaurants, talking while shopping.  I often wonder what everyone is talking about all the time?  I don't do much of interest and think what do I have to talk about that would be that fascinating all day every day?

I wear a watch every day.

Evine has branched out a little bit, Paula Deen is now on with cooking, fashions and home decor quite a bit.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

Who are these people who are buying and wearing these huge watches?  I hardly ever see anyone around here even wearing a watch anymore.

The only time I wear one is when I go jogging or riding my bike so I can see when I need to turn around and go home!  Even then, I just wear the smallest watch I can find to fit my tiny wrist.

I told someone not long ago that watches are going out of style.  People accessorize with their cell phones.  They wear them instead of a clutch and the clock is right there.  

Believe it or not there are many people who are still not permanently attached to their cell phones. I usually have one somewhere in a small purse but I don't want to go digging for it just to find out what time it is - and it's usually not turned on anyway. I always wear a watch when I go out. And I don't think there would be hours of watch programs if they weren't selling.

@froggy, I agree.  I'm certainly not one of the ones permanently attached to their cell phone.  I use my phone to make calls.  Despite the fact that where I live, most folk don't wear watches and rely on their cell phones for telling time is just indicative of their desire not to wear a watch.  

I wear a watch all the time.  I have purchased several from Invicta and yes I do have a baby lupah.  I am not going to pull out a cell phone everytime I want to know the time.  I even have a bigger watch that I wear with jeans.  I have to admit until I started watching the Invicta shows I would wear the same watch all the time. 

@sunshine 919, I'm happy for you!  I too think it would be a big inconvenience to have to dig for your phone to tell time.  I personally wouldn't do it.  However, there are many people who have.  This should not affect you, however.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

Cell phones!  Everyone at the office building is staring down at their phones the entire time they are in the elevator - except me.  Everyone staring at them everywhere in restaurants, talking while shopping.  I often wonder what everyone is talking about all the time?  I don't do much of interest and think what do I have to talk about that would be that fascinating all day every day?

I wear a watch every day.

Evine has branched out a little bit, Paula Deen is now on with cooking, fashions and home decor quite a bit.

@aggravated, it's disgusting.  I really don't want to hear other folks' conversations.  I also find it rude to talk to people who are staring at their phone who won't give you their attention when speaking to them.  

As it turns out, I only wore watches (sometimes) when I was younger.  I stopped that a long time ago.  I just don't wear one.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@sunshine 919, I'm happy for you!  I too think it would be a big inconvenience to have to dig for your phone to tell time.  I personally wouldn't do it.  However, there are many people who have.  This should not affect you, however.

Why would this affect me?  I am just saying I always wear a watchSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Good Question: How Many People Still Wear Watches?July 22, 2015 10:23 PM

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Apple is placing a big bet on the idea that we’ll all be wearing our technology in the near future. But on its earnings call Tuesday, the company was mum when it came to how many Apple Watches it’s sold.

Gene Munster, a senior technology analyst with Piper Jaffray, estimates Apple sold 2.5 million Apple Watches, about half of the four to five million investors had hoped for.

So, with all of this new technology, how many of us wear wristwatches?

“Essentially what’s happening is your phone has taken over your watch,” said Munster.

We started taking off our watches when cellphones became the must-have accessory. On average, people look at their phone seven times an hour. For teenagers, that average jumps to 20.

“You usually pick up the time, whether you recognize that or not, when you use your phone,” Munster said.

According to research by Piper Jaffray senior analyst Erinn Murphy, 750 million watches were sold worldwide in 1991. That number fell to 440 million in 2014, which is a drop of 2 percent per year

For teenagers, the drop was more precipitous. In 2005, 52 percent of teenagers wore a watch. By 2010, it was down to 25 percent.

“Now we’re starting to see a small shift back as things like fashion become more important,” Munster said. “A watch is a way to express yourself.”

A small group of people still give watches as gifts, and the high-end collector’s market has remained stable.

As for smartwatches, also known as wrist wearables, Piper Jaffray estimates they made up 6 percent of new watch purchases in 2014, but could rise to 31 percent by 2018.

“I think we’re going to become more watch-wearers, because I think the functionality that’s going to go on your wrist is going to increase,” Munster said. “The convenience of not having to fish your phone out of your pocket or get your wallet out, all of that standardized on your wrist will be a big selling point for the concept of watches.”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/good-question-how-many-people-still-wear-watches/

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 just trying to make the case that while some still revere their watches, and collections as it were ~ that there are just as many more who do not.  This is especially true of non professional millenials.

*Call Tyrone*