Frequent Contributor

Evine TTV Amethyst Ring and/or Pendant

What does everyone think of this?  I'm going back and forth over whether it's too similar to the pink amethyst honker which I have in the pendant already.  Is it too pale for the price?  I would not wear a ring that big, but why is the pendant half the size but $90.00 more in price?  Would it be expensive to convert the ring to a pendant? 

I"ve been wanting a bold amethyst pendant, just not sure this is it? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Evine TTV Amethyst Ring and/or Pendant

[ Edited ]

Hi

Love the ring, but my first thought was "Not another amythest TTV ring!" I own some of MV's pieces,

In terms of pricing, they were supposed to offer the ring at $370, but instead offered it at $299. So that partly explains the difference. Also, they just may have more rings than pendants (which is typical) and that would also mean that the price of the pendant would be higher.

Unfortunately, I can't speak to whether the ring can be coverted to a pendant. There was one reason that I returned a beautiful  pendant: the inability to swap  out  the chain for a more substantial one

Good luck with your decision.

Respected Contributor

I do like the color and cut of the stone, I'm just not the "honker" type......I prefer design cluster type rings and pendants.  I think the ring may be worth the price they are asking, but the price of the pendant is a little much IMO.  They always charge more for the upsells on Evine.......that's how they make up for the reduced price on the TBV.  If you are just looking for a nice amethyst pendant at a decent price, you might try the Liquidation Channel.  They have some fabulous values there.....they are actually the manufacturer for many of the pieces you see in other places (even here and Evine).  Their shipping is also only 2.99.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I think both pieces are lovely.  I would probably wear a big pendant but I have not purchased one of his honkers.  I was so tempted last time when he had the clear quartz, I thought that ring was stunning.  Michael always gives the number to his customer service or you could ask Evines customer service for that number.  His customer rep who is named Jennifer (he talks about her a lot ) she would be able to tell you if you could swap it out for a ring.  Good luck with what ever you chooseSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think it's a gorgeous ring but it's too big, and I'm a big ring girl.  However, 20 carats is too big for me. 

Trusted Contributor

It's beautiful and I like big rings, so I might have tried it except for one thing. The stone is not dark enough. Maybe it's not possible, or just cost prohibitive, to do a big ring like that with a darker amethyst. I don't know. But I know what I like and those amethysts are too pale for me. When I looked at it next to all my other darker amethysts, I don't think I'd be happy with it.

Honored Contributor

I love big rings and have most of Michael's honkers but I just don't have anywhere to wear them, so I'm not buying more.  I have to chuckle at the "another honker". We've become so jaded that it's ho-hum another ring from Michael.  What we need are some new gemstones as so many already have several versions of the old stand-bys.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I love Michael's honkers but already have his pink amyethst ring and think this one is too pale and I also dont like it when his big rings are set up too high!    He says he has a new suprise in November so maybe that one will be better.  I have been wearing his honkers with casual clothes these days - what  the hey - have fun now - dont wait for a special occasion