Respected Contributor

Re: Evine Live.....thumbs down

Where's my 10% coupon they promised me, if I signed up for their emails? Who's running the ship? Oh I forgot. An ex QVC manager.
Respected Contributor

So did anyone really think that evine live was going to be "different?" What was so "new" about it? After all, it was a three-year-old idea that needed a conduit. They were so desperate and unhappy with shop management that they took it.

Endless airtimeof any item is overkill. Solution to that, watch something else. I can't bear to look at the cheezy 1970s era graphics. Too hard on the eyes.

They pulled out the stops because it was President's Day weekend. Any speculation that it was going to "upscale" is a joke. What you are going to see now are more el-branded products.

Regarding Michael V.: His stuff has been going up for a while and think it's not just him. I think that EL wants a bigger piece of the pie. Say goodbye to 6VPs unless something is $$$ or they have an event. How much jewelry can a person purchase/wear anyway? No "impulse" buys on Gems En Vogue these days. I was lucky to have the few pieces that I do.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Q2girl said: Where's my 10% coupon they promised me, if I signed up for their emails? Who's running the ship? Oh I forgot. An ex QVC manager.

Don't hold your breath for that 10% coupon, seems no one received it as promised!

So far I have only noticed things going down-hill there, nothing for the better to get me to purchase. I am now re-thinking some of the items I would normally purchase from them. I still do not fully understand the whole evine changes. If it ain't broken, why fix it!?

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/17/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 2/17/2015 GinaV24 said:

blingqueen, I hear you. I've been thinking of selling some of my rings as well. I find that I wear the same ones quite often so selling the ones I don't wear makes sense. I have to remind myself that I really DON'T need to buy anything new either, just enjoy & wear what I have. Quite frankly, the things I own are probably better quality than what is for sale now and I bought it for less.

Gina, your last sentence that you posted hit the nail on the head. I have a lot of Michael Dawkins old flexible gemstone bracelets that he sold when he first came to the Q. I love those bracelets and like you said bought for less, and the quality is better. I cherish those bracelets bought by him. You just don't see them sold anymore. I can say the same for Barbara Bixby. I can't part with her jewelry either. Now I'm selling all my Honora pearl necklaces that I never wore! I've also sold pieces that I have from Carolyn Pollack. If you decide to sell anything, it sure won't take long for the sold signs to appear. You'd be surprised how quickly your jewelry will sell.

I'm thinking now of selling most of my Jackie Kennedy bracelet collection. I haven't worn those bracelets but maybe one time. These will probably be on the bay next. At this rate, I'll be able to sell all my jewelry boxes too they'll all be empty but for Dawkins, Bixby and Micheal V, and a few of Judith's.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

LOL, yes, I hear you. I have some of those bracelets from Dawkins, too. The last time I bought something from his line, I was tremendously disappointed and returned it. When Bixby had that pretty ring as the TSV, I considered it but realized that I have something similar and other rings of hers that I like a lot more so I didn't buy. I stopped by Ripka because I thought the prices were out of line for the item (just my opinion). I have things that are from her early days with real stones, no dmq and they are in my safety deposit box.

You're making me think hard about the Honora pearls, too. I was looking the other day and I have some that I don't wear either. The silver in them is heavier than any of the new stuff, especially since they went to bronzo instead. I really should do something about this, too.

I actually wear my JBK bracelets - its funny how much I really like them so they will be keepers for a little while.

Funny how it goes, but you have definitely given me a lot to think about as far as "divestiture". LOL

Honored Contributor

What I saw over the weekend was all live, even at 4:00 in the morning, which didn't used to be the case. However, I turned it on this morning and they were showing pre-recorded programs of the MV hours from last night and had pre-recorded linens being shown during the 7:00 a.m. hour.

I had no expectation that Evine was going to be new. My thought was that it was nothing more than another name change.

I seriously doubt MV has any say in how his items are priced. I doubt any of the vendors have a say in what is charged for their items. I would think the prices are set by Evine, including when things are put on sale, easypays, etc.

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies, I so agree with all of you! I was watching Michael V last night and really liked a garnet tennis bracelet and blue topaz earrings, but prices were insane!!!! Today they are doing 6 pays and free shipping for cc owners, but it is still expensive and I will pass. MV is out of control and everything else is garbage. Tonight they will do a few hours of Once only prices. And I do not get this Evine thing at all. Maybe it is financial and administrative change only.
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/17/2015 BlingQueen022 said:

blingqueen, I hear you. I've been thinking of selling some of my rings as well. I find that I wear the same ones quite often so selling the ones I don't wear makes sense. I have to remind myself that I really DON'T need to buy anything new either, just enjoy & wear what I have. Quite frankly, the things I own are probably better quality than what is for sale now and I bought it for less.

Gina, your last sentence that you posted hit the nail on the head. I have a lot of Michael Dawkins old flexible gemstone bracelets that he sold when he first came to the Q. I love those bracelets and like you said bought for less, and the quality is better. I cherish those bracelets bought by him. You just don't see them sold anymore. I can say the same for Barbara Bixby. I can't part with her jewelry either. Now I'm selling all my Honora pearl necklaces that I never wore! I've also sold pieces that I have from Carolyn Pollack. If you decide to sell anything, it sure won't take long for the sold signs to appear. You'd be surprised how quickly your jewelry will sell.

I'm thinking now of selling most of my Jackie Kennedy bracelet collection. I haven't worn those bracelets but maybe one time. These will probably be on the bay next. At this rate, I'll be able to sell all my jewelry boxes too they'll all be empty but for Dawkins, Bixby and Micheal V, and a few of Judith's.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

LOL, yes, I hear you. I have some of those bracelets from Dawkins, too. The last time I bought something from his line, I was tremendously disappointed and returned it. When Bixby had that pretty ring as the TSV, I considered it but realized that I have something similar and other rings of hers that I like a lot more so I didn't buy. I stopped by Ripka because I thought the prices were out of line for the item (just my opinion). I have things that are from her early days with real stones, no dmq and they are in my safety deposit box.

You're making me think hard about the Honora pearls, too. I was looking the other day and I have some that I don't wear either. The silver in them is heavier than any of the new stuff, especially since they went to bronzo instead. I really should do something about this, too.

I actually wear my JBK bracelets - its funny how much I really like them so they will be keepers for a little while.

Funny how it goes, but you have definitely given me a lot to think about as far as "divestiture". LOL

I also love those Jackie Kennedy bracelets. That's why so far I haven't put them up for sale yet. I have an entired jewelry box devoted to her bracelets. I just need to start wearing them. I feel the same way about Joan Rivers jewelry. I'm hanging onto those. I especially love her lady bug bracelet and matching watch. Those two pieces will never be sold. Actually, I doubt that any of her pieces will be sold. Last piece I purchased from Joan was her clear crystal vintage looking watch with matching bracelet. It was more beautiful in person then online. Very classy looking combo. I think I'll keep Joan's jewelry and Jackie Kennedy's jewelry for a long time. I'm not fully 100 percent sure about selling these. So, there must be a reason they're sticking around at home. I don't want to sell and regret it later.

Trusted Contributor

Extremely over-priced on the jewelry end! I saw them show an amber chip bracelet for $169!!?? Necklace for $258? I don't know where they get these prices and the other day the LC had a Baltic amber show and simply blew these MV prices out of the water with quality amber as well.

Trusted Contributor

I like Shop HQ or Evine as they are now calling themselves, but I was hoping they would come up with some changes for the better. I have always found them to be a bit pricey on jewelry, but I think that's because they have kinda stuck with the three Amigos and those guys want an arm and a leg for their ware. I can remember when Michael was very reasonable and I loved his CZ line. I think they have way too many watch shows but that tells me they make a lot of money selling watches people are buying them. I love their kitchen items, and crystal and find those prices really good. Hopeful once they get going we will see better pricing and shipping costs.

Valued Contributor

I think it's really odd that they have had two name changes so close together. From ShopNBC to ShopHQ and now Evine Live. That's such a strange name too. A name change is a major to-do for a company that I wonder what's going on there. Did they change management again between ShopHQ and Evine? From what I've read I really had hoped they would limit the all day watch marathons, but their watch shows live on. Dimitri James is supposed to be part of a beauty show there every Friday night they announced. That sounds interesting!