Respected Contributor

Evine LIVE in Lovely Italy Selling Jewelry

So nice to see the lovely Italian settings as EVINE travels to Vicenza to meet up with the famous vendors like Stefano Oro, Tagliamonte, Viale 18 Karat (Albany Irvin formerly from QVC) and others.

It reminds me of the days when QVC also traveled to Italy and Lisa R always wore glamorous gowns.

I might not be able to afford anything, but at least I can window-shop in style!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Evine LIVE in Lovely Italy Selling Jewelry

Albany Irving is one stunning woman. I believe she was probably the real beauty among all the hostesses the Q has ever had. Truthfully I couldn't take her voice for more than a few minutes but other than that always thought she was so very pretty.

Honored Contributor

I loved the Italian location shows QVC used to do.  The ones with Lisa were a nice diversion from regular programming, even though I always laughed at the beauty queen gowns she wore while propped up uncomfortably to sell mostly Bronzo Italia.

I much preferred that one year they sent Antonella.  It was more casual and real.  It showed more of the town and community, and Antonella had such excellent rapport with QVC-Italy.  It was fantastic!

Honored Contributor

One wonders how Evine can afford all this travel.  I sure hope it pays off.  I'd hate to see them go down, TV shopping is in enough trouble as it is.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I loved the Italian location shows QVC used to do.  The ones with Lisa were a nice diversion from regular programming, even though I always laughed at the beauty queen gowns she wore while propped up uncomfortably to sell mostly Bronzo Italia.

I much preferred that one year they sent Antonella.  It was more casual and real.  It showed more of the town and community, and Antonella had such excellent rapport with QVC-Italy.  It was fantastic!

I just find Antonella to me too loud and not poised at all. Ruins the jewelry shows for me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have lots of Italian Gold 14K jewelry and find it to be a lot better made then most on the market.  I love the Italian Gold shows! Those guys in Italy know how to turn out a nice piece of jewelry!

Also, everything 14 gold that has Turkey stamped inside is nice.  

Honored Contributor

Loving it! : )

BTW, Albany has her own line of jewerly now on EVINE. 

Trusted Contributor

Add my name to the list enjoying the italy event.  The host Fatima was on earlier today with one of the Italian vendors and she commented more than once on how beautiful her surroundings were.  You could actually hear the excitement in her voice selling the jewelry in such a glorious setting.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have it on now.  I too miss when Q sent Lisa R. there to do the shows.  Such a beautful backdrop.  They have some stunning pieces on now.  And the guy from Italy that's presenting with the host isn't half bad either.  Reminds me of Kevin Costner with an Italian accent.  Smiley HappyHeart

Respected Contributor

I can't bear to listen to Stephano, it always sounds like a bad actor trying to fake an Italian accent.