Honored Contributor

Re: Every Regret NOT Buying a Piece of Jewelry?

YES!  There was this multi gem necklace on on the Ross Simons website.  I really loved it, but talked myself out of buying it.  I saw someone wearing it on a TV show  a year later and then I really wanted it again!  I searched everywhere hoping To find it on eBay or the like.....nope. I still want it now 15 plus years later!  Oh well...... Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's not a really a regret but I do wish I bought a couple of tanzanite pieces back when SAH TV was selling the deep violet material that had flashes of red.  The top quality stuff. 

@chrystaltree  Oh, I remember SAH very well!  I did get many nice pieces in gold from them.  Remember the Park Avenue line (Tony Malvania, who is now on JTV)?  Or how about Generations 1812 (Bob Weinman, who is now on HSN)?  There also was a great entrenpreneur fellow who, along with his wife, made beautiful gold inlaid Australian opal and gem rings and bracelets (can't think of his name now......David something, I think).  Then there was the Korite Ammolite guy who is now on QVC......most of my gold ammolite came from him.  I still have so many of those great pieces.  When they shut down, I got in on some tremendous sales too!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's not a really a regret but I do wish I bought a couple of tanzanite pieces back when SAH TV was selling the deep violet material that had flashes of red.  The top quality stuff. 

@chrystaltree  Oh, I remember SAH very well!  I did get many nice pieces in gold from them.  Remember the Park Avenue line (Tony Malvania, who is now on JTV)?  Or how about Generations 1812 (Bob Weinman, who is now on HSN)?  There also was a great entrenpreneur fellow who, along with his wife, made beautiful gold inlaid Australian opal and gem rings and bracelets (can't think of his name now......David something, I think).  Then there was the Korite Ammolite guy who is now on QVC......most of my gold ammolite came from him.  I still have so many of those great pieces.  When they shut down, I got in on some tremendous sales too!

Gosh, yes!   I have several Generations 1812 pieces, I didn't know that Bob was on HSN now.   I loved that pieces were made from the original vintage molds.  Toni Malvania is on JTV, he has a couple of lines.  One fashion jewelry and on fine jewelry.  I don't remember her name but there was woman who sold real gold jewery,  no gemstones, just heavy gold.  I have several pieces from her line.  They would cost thousands now.   I got some great stuff too when then went out of business.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde  Not only do I remember the Ramsey's jewelry but I own several pieces, including a replica in 14kt gold and CZ of the ring Dodi Fayed was supposed to be giving Diana the night they were killed!   It's very pretty.

I regret having returned a piece of jewelry to then Value Vision (now Evine).

It was long ago when a lot of coin jewelry was sold by Tim Temple.  It was a large Russian ruble coin and there was a beautiful ballerina on it in a lovely ballet pose wearing a beautiful ballerina outfit.  It was huge for a coin.  It was made into a pendant with a 14kt bezel around it.  Beautiful!  Of course rubles are no more.   I got it home because, not only was it beautiful and rubles were not being made any more, but I'm of Russian heritage.   Within the 30 days I sent it back as being too expensive (it really wasn't) at a little over $200.  I sure wish I had that and not sent it back.  

Honored Contributor

Last night viewing online christmas diamond rings. Remember Qvc holiday ring? Beautiful affordable rings. No way! Could I ever afford prices today. Sitting here, Enjoying looking at my Diamonique rings. For the longest time resisted purchasing, Since have changed my mind. The two rings not only look real sapphire one exact copy of my original. If I had unlimited income of course would. Fact is! I'm pleased don't have to go without.
Trusted Contributor

Ah, yes, the one(s) that got away . . . how I remember every one, because there were more than one.  I won't wax wistful about each piece, in order to spare you all complete boredom.  Suffice it to say that missing the boat enough times has taught me to never let a winner out of my sight if I can possibly help it.  The yearning for a piece of special beauty or value never leaves me.

Frequent Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

Ah, yes, the one(s) that got away . . . how I remember every one, because there were more than one.  I won't wax wistful about each piece, in order to spare you all complete boredom.  Suffice it to say that missing the boat enough times has taught me to never let a winner out of my sight if I can possibly help it.  The yearning for a piece of special beauty or value never leaves me.

Before my first trip to the Atlanta Apparel Mart, where I was to be surrounded by wholesale jewelry, the mother of a friend told me "you will only regret the things you don't buy, if you can afford it and you REALLY want it, then get it."  She was right.

I do regret buying the stuff I didn't really want, the stuff I bought because it was in style but not MY style. (Or the stuff I bought because it was cheap. I have to be really careful with myself about that.) Those purchases taught me to be really critical of the piece, but if it's one of those kind of pieces that won't come this way again, I won't let it get away from me anymore!

Honored Contributor

There's a bracelet on clearance at another shopping channel.  I like balinese and indonesian jewely and this bracelet has been discounted to $99.  I keep looking at it thinking if I don't order it at this price I will regret it.

Bali Designs Sterling Silver & 18K Byzantine Bracelet

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

My big regret was a Judith Ripka sterling necklace, a series of textured curved bars about an inch and a half that went all the way around.  I sent it back because it was too heavy.  Boy was I nuts, that was before the big spike in silver.  I've been kicking myself ever sense. 

And birdmama, you should buy that bracelet, tell yourself you can always send it back.  It will give you extra time to think and personally evaluate the bracelet. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass

Thank you dear, that was just the nudge I was hoping for, rofl.  I took advantage of the 4 flex - if it's a disappointment I'll return it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise