Trusted Contributor

Re: Ever lose an expensive piece of jewelry?

I never "lost" a piece of jewelry that I can remember anyway - an earring here or there possibly.  But my apartment was robbed and all my jewelry was stolen.  I cannot tell you the feeling of losing everything I was given by my mother, my grandparents and great grandparents, husband, in-laws.  All irreplaceable and very sentimental.  And now, I have nothing but a few pieces of jewelry that I bought for myself as the only ones left are myself and my mother.  It's very sad.  

Honored Contributor

Good for ou June2.  No point in having it if is making you nervous.  Have a wonderful daySmiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Yes but I did not lose them. A number of items were stolen by a close family member.  We were also robbed in Jamaica.

Respected Contributor

Yes. *I* had the BAD habit of removing my diamond wedding band, whatever other ring I was wearing that day and my watch when I came home from work.  Usually threaded the rings through my watch strap and placed them next to my computer desk at home.

Unfortunately, one day I didn't thread them and my diamond wedding band was missing.  The culprit?  It had to be the little guy in my avatar who was a skilled jewel/metal thief (eyeglass frames, keys, you name it).  Never did find the ring, but I expect it's hidden somewhere behind/under heavy office furniture/bookcases, even though we looked everywhere in the vicinity.  (Yes, shortly after this, the klutzy cat broke a bone in his foot falling off a Little Giant Ladder and we had the vet x-ray his stomach as well, just in case).

It's a good thing he was so darn cute! LOL

Denise
Occasional Contributor

During Christmas season 1999,  I wore a 22 karat gold bracelet ( purchased in the Midfle East) and went to Kohl's with my infant son. The next morning I noticed it was gone. After searching everywhere, I went to Kohls. Someone had turned it in.  I was really overwhelmed by this act of kindness, esp. during the holidays.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

At the risk of sounding religious....a prayer to St. Anthony might help you find your lost treasure.

I'm not even Jewish, but I say the Shema because it makes me feel safe and close to G-d. One warm day this spring I got all dressed up, put my white gold hoops on and went shopping. When I got home and changed my clothes I noticed one of my hoops was gone, believe me I could not afford to buy these hoops again even if I could find them. To make a long story short, I said the Shema and turned it over to G-d. Low and behold I went outside to fill the bird feeder and there on the ground was my hoop.

Super Contributor

Yes I lost a gold peridot bracelet one day at my college campus. It was over 20 years ago and I'll never forget it.

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius