Valued Contributor

Eternagold on Gold Jewelry Sale Day January 24, 2020, Hi Ladies!

HI Ladies,  Happy New Year! I haven't been here in a while. And it seems I seldom catch a gold jewelry show on air to watch. 

I still miss seeing Ted Leach on air presenting his Eternagold jewelry line...

Have any of you ordered any Eternagold from today's show, or from their current inventory?  Is the quality still there?  I was thinking of ordering a pair of earrings or something. 

I noticed a change in some of EG's snap bars when I checked them out today.  Ted used to mention that EG had the smooth round snap bar to comfortably fit through ones piercings...  Some of the new earrings have the flat knife blade like shape.  I have to be careful with that shape when I shop, because those knife blade bars hurt my little piercings, and it doesn't get better. 

What have you ordered today?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eternagold on Gold Jewelry Sale Day January 24, 2020, Hi Ladies!

Sorry....i haven't bought Eterna Gold since Ted was there....have heard the quality isn't the same....

Esteemed Contributor

@CaChica  I'm glad you mentioned the bar closure. I can't wear those either. I'm sorry Eterna is making them. The worst ones are the ones with 14k imprinted on the closure and it scratches your ear!

Trusted Contributor

I cannot wear the bar-type posts either.  I'm glad I have a good collection of Eternagold hoops.  I wear a pair almost every day.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks for mentioning the engraving scratching the ear.  I will watch out for that also. 

Frequent Contributor

I have that Eterna Gold necklace - 18 inch size.  Its graduated, just like the TSV, but I don't believe it "shimmers."

I would be very surprised if I paid more than $200 for it - probably more like $175.

The prices these days are ridiculous and, no, I am not buying anything.  I have it all. I have sold some of my older pieces that I didn't wear any more.

Valued Contributor

Yes, I think I have it all also.  I will sometime sell a few EG and generic 14K pieces on ebay so I feel I can replace a piece occasionally. 

Valued Contributor

I have several pieces of Eternagold from back in the day and still love and wear them.  

I lost a 14K gold stud earring and found a line of 14K jewelry at JCP called Infinite Gold that is made in the USA, durable and resistant to scratching. I purchased a pair of 8mm studs on sale $74.00. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaChica wrote:

HI Ladies,  Happy New Year! I haven't been here in a while. And it seems I seldom catch a gold jewelry show on air to watch. 

I still miss seeing Ted Leach on air presenting his Eternagold jewelry line...

Have any of you ordered any Eternagold from today's show, or from their current inventory?  Is the quality still there?  I was thinking of ordering a pair of earrings or something. 

I noticed a change in some of EG's snap bars when I checked them out today.  Ted used to mention that EG had the smooth round snap bar to comfortably fit through ones piercings...  Some of the new earrings have the flat knife blade like shape.  I have to be careful with that shape when I shop, because those knife blade bars hurt my little piercings, and it doesn't get better. 

What have you ordered today?

@CaChica @I got rid of my hoops that had the flat knife blade. They aggravated my piercings. However, I kept one pair of figure eight dangles that I loved and found that if I put a tiny bit of antibacterial ointment on the knife blade before putting it through my piercing, it seems to slide right through. And there was no irritation even after wearing the earrings all day.

Honored Contributor

Just reveived notification my bracelet (the big chain bracelet) will be delivered on Monday (no UPS delivery on Sunday apparently...)  but signature required.  Which is OK, but a pain since I'll be work.  But my husband should be home.  Hope he hears the doorbell....